6 months since I first caught this

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
Davidtm
Regular Contributor

6 months since I first caught this

Postby Davidtm » Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:55 pm

Well today is my 6 month anniversary of having c diff. I had no idea when this first started that I would still be dealing with this six months later. I'm frustrated because Its getting hard to think back on a time where I didn't have this illness. I know people have suffered much longer but no one should be suffering from this for any amount of time. I've got my hospital working with me now and willing to do my fmt with my own donor so I can be safe from my allergens. Spoke with the dr and nurse there the other day and both are just wonderful and informative. I look forward to being able to get this done and hopefully soon. Fingers crossed for the future and for being cured once and for all. I'm appreciative of the vast amount of information and support on this site and to all the admins/mods and frequent helpers here. I'm greatful for all of that and all of you.
It may be 6 months in. I may be fed up, frustrated, and some days defeated but I can finally move forward with knowledge and new options available for treatment. Not to mention back up options thanks to this site. I guess the hope is all I can have some days.
Here's hoping that at the year mark I can be posting in success stories.
Good health and happiness to everyone.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: 6 months since I first caught this

Postby NanciT » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:37 pm

I am so glad you have the Doctor on board to do the FMT. Hopefully this will be it and you can soon post in the success stories!

Keep us updated! Wishing you the best with the FMT
NanciT

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:51 am

Good luck to you. Let us know when you will be having the FMT. I'm glad they agreed to do it with your own donor. That way you don't have to worry about the nut allergy.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:05 am

Crossing fingers that the FMT does the trick , can't wait to read your success story!

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”