Scared and tired

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
jds0870
Regular Contributor

Scared and tired

Postby jds0870 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:19 pm

Hello all, I haven't been on I'm a while. I still come frequently and pray for those suffering. I had c diff for about 2 years off and on. After several rounds of flagyl and Vanco I had two fmts via enema. I went through the Rebiotix trial and although my relapses were to far apart to get for free I got a good deal on the two enema's and they were both stool with no placebos. Since then I have had the worst ibs ever. During those times it's as if c diff never left. I had to have abx for a uti a month out and got through it. Then I had to have my appendix out in July which they insisted abx with no Vanco during the procedure. It's been a little over three months since the surgery. Today my symptoms mimic c diff so much so that I'm scared it's back. 10 months post FMT but only 3 months post surgery an abx I know it would be rare to be a relapse but it could be. I've had stomach gurgles a fever off an on as was woken out of sleep this morning at 4 am with bad stomach pain and d. I've had about 6 episodes today. And lower back pain. I know it could be a stomach bug but it feels so much like c diff. I cried after dropping my girls at school. I can't do this again if it is. I'm so tired of the fight. Recovery has been horrible every month with debilitating ibs sucks. Excuse my poor attitude but I'm 31 I got this at 28. I'm a single mom I work full time...I have no other option but to work. I had to call in today. This is consuming my life. My mom and step father have been my back bone but u can only carry that weight for so long. I pray it's not with everything in me. I believe having an autoimmune disease made this all worse. Thank you for listening I needed to
Come somewhere that I could be scared and not feel unjustified in my fear. Please keep me in your prayers I need strength. I just don't feel it today. I wanna crawl under the covers and sleep into the future.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: Scared and tired

Postby NanciT » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:23 pm

I am so sorry to see you back with the terrible fear so many of us get when we thing"it's back" but often it is NOT! First, let's hope it's not a relapse and honestly it sounds like the flu. There is so much going around right now, hang onto that and see what the next few days are like.
The IBS can be terrible, have you asked for any medication? I took hycosamine for months which helped me a great deal, I have also continued on the VSL#3 which does help me with IBS.
You have been through so much, sending good thoughts your way you will be feeling better soon!!
NanciT

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:54 am

Jds
I'm so sorry you are having issues again. I understand you are scared but try not to panic yet , I know that your mind goes immediately to Cdiff but it can be a flu or another gut bug that is making you ill . Keep calm , take a deep breath and go to the doctor , get tested for Cdiff and culture for other pathogens and pay a visit to the endocrinologist as well if your Graves is active again your symptoms can be related to that (fever can be a symptom of thyroiditis if you were diagnosed with this as well).
I'm sending you a virtual hug ,hope you get well soon!

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:26 am

I am so sorry for all that you are going through and have gone through. You are one of the posters that have always tugged at my heart. Being a single mom, working full time and going through so many health issues is just too much for anybody. As the others said, this can just be a virus or something other than c-diff. But of course our minds go right to the evil beast, c-diff. I would go to the doctor and get tested. Find out for sure what's going on. At the very least, a negative test will give you relief. The racking your brain and worry is not going to do you any good. Try to get in to the doctor today to at least submit a test. Maybe your doctor can do bloodwork as well to see if anything else is going on.

I'm praying for you that this is just a nasty virus and that you start to feel better. Stay strong. 3 months out is a decent amount of time, so hopefully this is just a bug.
Lisa

amyc
Long Time Contributor

Postby amyc » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:54 pm

How are you doing?

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”