Scared to live life after c diff

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Scared to live life after c diff

Postby beth22 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:23 pm

One was my choice, nothing to do with c diff. I wanted a girl - had a girl and we were very happy as a family. We are still close to our daughter. Now I have a son-in-law too. My husband's family is very big - lots of cousins, so there are plenty of relatives there for her and for us. My friend had a boy a few months younger than my daughter. He is also an only child and well-adjusted, etc. You don't need to make this decision today or even that soon. See how you feel as your child gets older. You may not want more, but if you do, don't let c diff stop you.

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:01 pm

I also have just one child. I always wanted to have two, but sometimes life doesn't go according to plan. With me, age is really the factor. I had my daughter late in life. I was previously married and was with my ex for a long time. We were married for 5 years and dated before that for like 3. Something told me not to have children with him, as I knew deep down it wasn't meant to be. We divorced and I met my current husband when I was 35 years old. He was divorced as well. By the time our relationship progressed, I winded up having my daughter when I was 39 years old. The plan was to have kids back to back, but my daughter had seizures when she was 10 months old, which took a toll on us. Thankfully, meds worked and she has been seizure free and off meds for like 3 years now. The other thing was that after giving birth, I was diagnosed with Graves Disease which runs in my family. I had to have the radioactive treatment to burn the thyroid. You cannot get pregnant for like 6-8 months after that. And, then I had c-diff in Sept 2014. Before I knew it, I was 44 years old. I just didn't want to take the risk of having a baby so late in life. I do feel bad that my daughter is an only child, but I make sure that she is with other kids all the time. To be honest, I am one of three children and I'm not really close to either of my siblings. I surround myself with friends more. It's definitely a personal choice, and as long as it's what you want, then it's the right choice. Just don't make c-diff be the ruling factor in your decision. For me, one healthy child is a precious gift.

Lisa

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:17 pm

I have two.
Both in their 30s but not yet house trained.
I have considered putting one of them on Ebay but if anyone wants a spare I will include postage and a shock collar!
Love them both but as Bobbie would say.
Oy vey!

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:34 am

Roy, I just spit out my water laughing! "Putting one of them on Ebay" LOLOLOLOL

Cm1619
Regular Contributor

Postby Cm1619 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:48 am

Wow, so nice to hear from other parents!!! I'm going to give it at least another year so I can at least have time to feel healthy and normal again. I just started feeling better a month or two ago so I'm enjoying food and gaining weight slowly. There are so many pro and cons to both ways but as of now I am content with my girl. I've always wanted a girl so maybe I would feel different if I didn't get the girl I wanted. For now, I'll have to pass on one of yours, Roy! That truly made me crack up!

Looking back on when I was sick it felt like YEARS but really it was only just under 5-6 months of on and off sickness. Amazing how slow time can go when you are sick or miserable---or both! C diff robbed me of enjoying the infant stage with my daughter but I'm determined to make the most of now and forget the past! Anyway, does anyone really enjoy the infant stage?? Haha. No sleep, a lot of sitting around the house, and struggles with feedings! No thanks!

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”