Need some encouragement

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
Jill79
Regular Contributor

Re: Need some encouragement

Postby Jill79 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:37 pm

Okaylo, so great to hear everything went well, wishing you all the best on your road to recovery! I've never had a FMT but like any procedure most definitely will require a healing and adjustment period.

How has the Aquaphor and glove treatment helped your hands? I found that when I didn't use hot water and religiously slathered on some intensive care lotion after washing and drying my hands, especially before bed, that it really helped. So glad you are treating yourself to a manicure and the salon. I hope you can look forward to the pampering and photos. Please try to have fun at the photo shoot, my favorite pictures are the ones I take of candid moments of happiness or laughter and it makes the smiles and posing more relaxed and genuine. Let me know how it goes! :)

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:12 am

Okaylo
Congrats on having done the second FMT , praying that it does the trick this time . Keeping the FMT 48 hours is awesome , and yes , you it will take some time for your gut to recover. Have you discussed with your doctor about a fiber supplement to help feed your new bacteria?

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:21 am

48 hours is great. Not surprising to have D for your first bm. Remember, they put in liquid, and most likely it will come out the same way or close to it. See what the next few days bring. Wishing you all the best.

okaylo
Regular Contributor

Postby okaylo » Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:34 pm

Jill, thank you! I know there is going to a be period of adjustment but it's difficult when you cannot know how long that will be... The hand treatment has gone okay. I haven't been able to fully let go of the excessive hand washing yet, but I am trying. I'm a bit nervous about the pictures as my BM's are all over the place and my stomach is very nervous. Hopefully things will calm down in the following weeks...

Georgina, thank you for your prayers. I will ask my doctor about a fiber supplement...

Beth, you're right. Makes sense. My BM's have continued to be loose and somewhat urgent but I am trying to just remember that nature has to take its' course and my body has to adjust. I hope this doesn't go on for weeks and weeks as the anxiety is often worse when this happens and my IBS is flaring up alongside it. After your FMT(s), did you experience an increase in IBS symptoms?

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:57 pm

Yes, I did get an increase in IBS symptoms, but I got them when I would go off vanco as well. I think the trauma from the c diff, the meds, and also the colonoscopy prep take their toll.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:01 am

Hope you start seeing improvement soon . I'm going to lock this thread as it's getting to long , be free to start another one with the same title "part 2".

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”