Michelle Moore's Book on C Diff Treatment

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
Ismaila
Regular Contributor

Michelle Moore's Book on C Diff Treatment

Postby Ismaila » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:13 pm

Dear friends,

Just to tell you that I purchased book called C. Difficile Treatments & Remedies program, by Michelle Moore. I do apologize in advance if it was already widely discussed on the Forum, I obviously missed it in that case. But, just in case it was not - I want to tell you that I am so discouraged and overwhelmed by it that I would probably feel much better had I not bought it in the first place.

It is huge, with a lot of redundant information, absolutely overwhelming, and, in my opinion, close to humanely impossible to follow the protocol Moore suggests. And after I read it and decided that I will at least try basic , and according to her, most important step - 2 potent herb/oil blends, i realized that nowhere in that huge thing there is a word on how to blend the ingredients, and in what quantities! Is it to be a mixed, is it oils blended together, is it to take every and each separately? I could not believe I could not find one concrete , simple explanation on how to do it.

Well, with $ 27. less in my purse, I was left sad and discouraged. And in a way cheated, too.

If anyone read the book, or heard about it, and has a positive opinion on it, please let me know. In that case I will know that it is probably me .

Thank you, and best of health to you all,

ismaila

roy
Administrator

Re: Michelle Moore's Book on C Diff Treatment

Postby roy » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:34 pm

If you enter Michelle Moore into the search box top right of the page the previous discussions about her book will come up.
There's no instructions about the "remedies" because the book is all about you going to her Web site and buying them from her.
What noise does a duck make?

Ismaila
Regular Contributor

Postby Ismaila » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:49 pm

Thank you Roy, I did it.
Based on what others say, now I realize that you actually have to purchase the so called remedies from her. They are definitely overwhelming when it comes to ingredients, and I suppose can be dangerous too.

I spent my money on something that can not come even close to verified and abundant, useful information that this Forum has to offer.

AllisS
Long Time Contributor

Postby AllisS » Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:15 pm

Ask for your money back, citing reasons you give in your post. I've asked for money back MANY times for a wide range of products and have often been successful.
If your illness was preceded by use of a medication, e.g., an antibiotic, please fill out an FDA Adverse Event Report at http://www.fda.gov/Safety/MedWatch/default.htm

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:52 pm

Ismaila
I am sorry you went through that. When I read about this book last year on the site, I looked into her credentials and felt she had taken most of her information from the internet. It makes me terribly sad to see anyone making money off a terrible illness like CDIFF. We all search for that hope out of desperation.

I hope you can get a refund
NanciT

amyc
Long Time Contributor

Postby amyc » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:12 pm

I would definitely return the book and ask for a refund. No wonder C diff is spreading among the population if people are using quackery to treat an infectious disease.

Sempurna
New User

Postby Sempurna » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:43 pm

You don't actually purchase supplements for her. You can get them on Amazon. They are Biocidin which naturopaths also confirmed was a good tincture and Olivirex from the same company with has lots of good herbs. As to her program, I think it's good support but will not cure C. Diff. I've been taking the herbs and not eating sugar and detox baths etc and here I am.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:59 pm

Always be aware and suspicious if someone is "selling" something.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:15 am

I agree Bobbie.
Especially when selling a book about a horrific illness like CDIFF. If she has had this illness, why not DONATE all proceeds to the research/cure of this illness. Donate your time to this site to help others, if your purpose is to HELP others.
If you consider purchasing a book when the writer is claiming to have had the illness and has come up with solutions for treating the illness look clearly at where proceeds are going.
NanciT

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:30 pm

Some people get over this illness just by stopping the offending antibiotic, if an antibiotic was the cause. There is also a percentage that gets better without treatment. I guess what I am saying is that perhaps it wasn't the treatment and the supplements that cured her, but she may have been one of the lucky ones who got better anyway.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:45 am

Years ago, one of our posters wrote a book about c diff. I helped him get posters to interview, gave him other info, etc. When the book came out,he had copied a good deal of it from this site - much Of it I had written. He sent me a copy. Aside from some clever caricatures, there was little new in it. He dedicated the book to a man who raises funds for c diff (who joined our site and then later criticized it) and sent me a "free" copy with a note on a torn out piece of paper he stuck in the book calling me a pioneer for c diff - or something like that. He asked me to "push" the book on the site.

The posters who bought the book remarked on how similar it was to the site. When I emailed "the author" about it, he denied copying anything and said he was "so hurt." Later, he complained because the book did not sell well.

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”