Want to pull the sheets over my head and not come out

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
georgina
Long Time Contributor

Re: Want to pull the sheets over my head and not come out

Postby georgina » Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:56 am

Oh , thank God that he gave you vanco , it was about time , you suffered enough. Time to get well and kick some Cdiff ass!

lookyloo
Regular User

Postby lookyloo » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:45 am

Thanks. I already feel a bit better.

Cm1619
Regular Contributor

Postby Cm1619 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:46 am

So glad you got the Vanco! I hope that does the trick! And LOL at your Jeff Foxworthy reference :)

iamsick
Long Time Contributor

Postby iamsick » Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:23 pm

Great! Vanco worked for me after Flagyl failed!
Teresa_68

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:06 am

Good analogy. The vanco should work in a couple of days.

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ril » Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:09 am

Fingers crossed for the Vanco. It worked better than the Flagyl for almost everyone.

And don't overdo the probiotics. Despite the good intentions too many probiotics give many people more d. Not everyone can tolerate all probiotics as you have already found out, and sometimes more is not better. I also would not try experimenting with unproven supplements while I had active infection. Then you don't know what is a symptom of c diff or of something you have taken.

Good luck finally kicking this infection. And getting some rest!!!
Rita

WestMass
New User

Postby WestMass » Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:55 am

I totally understand about the friends. I posted yesterday about what the heck to tell people. "I'm not feeling well" is getting old. Friends are not calling anymore. I've lost friends over this. I can't even believe it.

Also, this thread had me laughing at some of the comments! I love it! It seems I'm either laughing or crying these days. And yes, Flagyl is AWFUL. Worst ten days of my life.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:04 am

Hey WestMass
Welcome to the site , you will find great support on this board , wonderfull people who are willing to help you get trough this ordeal. We all know how devastating for body and mind , this illness can be , we all went trough it , some of us still battle with it after a long time . There is an end to this , at some point , you will get your friend back and you will live a normal life again but unfortunately it takes time (for some of us). The majority of patient are cured after 1-2 round of meds , hopefully you are among those!
Good luck

lookyloo
Regular User

Postby lookyloo » Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:02 pm

I've been telling people that I am battling a bacterial infection. Nuff said.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:49 am

You will be OK.Give the vanco a chance. If it does not work try Dificid.

We all understand and emphathize. No one wants to hear about a GI disease. "Sorry I can't come. I have to stay home and shit" is not polite conversation.

if you had "something "serious" you would receive lots of sympathy. Not knocking other illnesses, but c diff can be a serious disease. Ask Dobies. She had cancer and then c diff and is more afraid of c diff. We have other posters who said the same thing.

You have a good sense of humor. Use it to help you get well. Find an interest - reading, etc - and use it to take your mind off c diff. Binge watch your fav TV show. Post on FB. There are several c diff groups on it.

I agree with the others - easy on the probiotics and nix on the activated charcoal.

You will get well. You are young and otherwise healthy - as far as I know. Stay hydrated, try new food gradually once you feel better, and be good to yourself.

Phooey on c diff.

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”