UHC Screwing Me

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
bnwood9
Contributor

UHC Screwing Me

Postby bnwood9 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:20 am

So I was given a positive test result yesterday for C-Diff toxins. Doctor ordered me a prescription for Vancomycin. Went to the pharmacy. Pharmacy called and said they wouldn't have the pills in until Monday at the earliest, probably Tuesday. I asked her if she could call around to other pharmacies to see if they had it in stock. She did and called me back. All the pharmacies, even the hospital, only have the blister packs and not the loose pill forms. My insurance refuses to cover the blister packs and it would run me close to $1,500 for them while the loose-pill is a $15 co-pay. Called my doctor and told him what was going on. I can wait until Monday or Tuesday but man, these insurance companies suck.

I am writing a great review though for the pharmacy employee that went to bat for me and argued with my insurance company though. That was above and beyond in my book!

Acres
Regular Contributor

Re: UHC Screwing Me

Postby Acres » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:16 am

Up until this year I've had pancreatic cysts checked annually with endoscopic ultrasound with fna to take a sample and send to the lab...My insurance approves the procedure but will not pay for the lab work ! Makes no sense..... Thankfully the lab only charges us $75.00 for the 4k tests....Last year someone in doctor land changed the protocol and now I have an annual MRI, then if anything changes they do the eus....
Yes insurance companies only care about $$$ not us.....

Davidtm
Regular Contributor

Postby Davidtm » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:25 am

They don't do the liquid Vanco? 1500 is insane. That bugs me and I hope you get your meds soon

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:53 pm

Did you ask about the liquid Vanco until they can get the pills? You should not have to wait until Monday, the hospital should have it.

amyc
Long Time Contributor

Postby amyc » Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:04 pm

Since this is a relapse, I'd call your doctor to request a taper/pulse regimen, along with the switch to the liquid vanco.

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”