Need your encouragement. Can't stop crying. Please help,.

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
getwellsoon
Long Time Contributor

Re: Need your encouragement. Can't stop crying. Please help

Postby getwellsoon » Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:00 am

I am so glad the site was so helpful to you. That is why we do what we do. You coming back to post how much it helps to talk with like minded and sick people and to give hope to others is so rewarding. I was one who was also blessed to find this site of wonderful people to help me through the worst experiences of Cdiff. That is why I became a Mod and I hope I helped even one person feel better. So happy your mental state improved and yes you will get well. Hang in there and let us know how you do.
CAROL

notheidi
Regular Contributor

Postby notheidi » Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:12 am

Dianelynn,

I felt like that too with c diff. I'm so glad you were able to be so honest in your post and got nothing but love back !

Yes this is the best support group on the net!
2010 mod/sev w/leukocytosis, cefdenir-sinus inf, metro rx'd wrong, resurged during tx. recovered w/dose change, lost 40 lbs. 2015 mod recur fr SNF, no abx, resolved w/vanco. 7/2022 mod recur, community acq, no abx, intermittent prodrome but didn't realize

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:52 pm

We think so but we are seldom mentioned "center stage." The accolades go to others who appeared far later than we did - and "borrowed" a lot from this site. At one time, I did a lot of work for an article in a magazine - -- all attributed to another. I am much smarter now - I hope.

A bouquet of thanks for everyone who works on the site. Special thanks to our moderators and Teresa, who does the majority of posts in Media Reports. If you see an interesting article about c diff, please send it to her.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:22 pm

Special thanks to you Bobbie , you have been doing this for so long , and you are still here after all this years.
Teresa , you are doing a wonderfull job as a reporter!

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ril » Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:28 pm

Dianelynn, if you continue to feel overwhelmed and depressed sometimes medication helps. There are great antidepressants available. Many people take them with success. Talking or writing is a wonderful way to get support but the stress of c diff on our bodies and minds often affects the chemicals in our bodies and we need help from medication. Many of the posters here have taken antidepressants either short or long term to help them through their battle with c diff and the aftermath. Please talk to your counselor about this.
We will be here for you whatever you decide. The goal is for you to get better both physically and emotionally.

Rita

iamsick
Long Time Contributor

Postby iamsick » Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:38 pm

Just reading this post and recognized my name. Thanks for the shout outs! Let's all have a virtual group hug:)
Teresa_68

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:18 pm

OK. No more raises though.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:09 pm

Yes, thanks for posting those great articles. Some don't always bring good news, like the SER-109 failure, but it is good to be aware of what is out there and current.

lookyloo
Regular User

Postby lookyloo » Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:31 pm

I am so sorry you are going through this. I am only a week out from diagnosis, but dealing with this for months. I feel you. I think this site is good because no one really knows what your going through, except us. I had my closest friend today (when I told her that I feel no better after 7 days of metronidazole than when I started) that at least I didn't have cancer. Ouch. Not claiming to have cancer, but when you have chronic severe diarrhea, it is life robbing.

Need to stick together. Hugs to you

Dianlynn
Regular User

Postby Dianlynn » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:37 pm

Dear C Diff Friends,

Thank you. You give me hope. I am eating a bit better Still on the end of the Vanco taper (week 7) but I now have coffee and tea. Oh, thank you God. Little by little.

Please keep telling me your success stories. I need them

I love you guys.

Dianelynn

amyc
Long Time Contributor

Postby amyc » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:05 pm

Woo HOO, coffee and tea! I'm still fine lol, and it's been 4 years. I took a course of Bactrim 3 months ago and didn't relapse! I admit to still being a germaphobe and am hiding in the house because I heard a stomach bug is going around town. The kids went back to school 2 weeks ago here and apparently they all passed it around.

PattieF
Regular User

Postby PattieF » Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:29 pm

I cried while reading this thread (and other stories on this wonderful site). It is so nice to have support - and hard to speak about this illness even with good friends. Who wants to hear about this crap (pun intended)? Four months after diagnoses, my husband and I are starting to bicker over everything. Even though he's been very supportive.

I can relate! I pray morning and night, take in deep healing breaths and try to remain positive. It seems like a 'minor' illness by it's description but it sure doesn't feel like it!

Thanks for the people on this site, for sharing, and supporting.

Pattie

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:12 pm

Patric,

Glad the site has been helpful. Only someone who has had c diff can understand its toll.

Most men seem to have little patience with illness - unless it is theirs - with the exception of Roy, of course. Let them give birth!

Love your pun. Crap,it is!

WestMass
New User

Postby WestMass » Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:48 am

Thank you for your honest post. I feel the same way. I just had a relapse a few days ago and I think it's just hitting me fully today. I can't stop crying, feeling like I will never get better. I'm only on my second day of vanco, but am already foolishly frustrated that I'm not feeling better than I am. You are not alone. This site helps to remind us of this. The questions from people, the not eating, the weight loss, constant bathroom trips, it SUCKS. BAD.

Dianlynn
Regular User

Postby Dianlynn » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:37 pm

Dear Friends,

It's almost 2 months since I wrote this post and no, I am doing so much better. I'm eating so many more foods now but since it's only been 2.5 months, I am still going slowly. Perfect? No. But so much better.

I finished my 8 week vanco taper two weeks ago and I am doing great! So I've made it to the two week mark and that's a good sign. Yeah! I swear it is the kefir that has made all the difference. 3 glasses a day have changed my llife.

I'm sleeping ok which helps tremendously. I'm not crying every day although sometimes, I still cry. It's not easy but it is so much easier than it was. And it's ok to cry. We can be honest about how we feel as long as we can move on and have some hope.

If you feel like giving up, like you aren't going to make it, know that those feelings are normal. I wanted to die and I'm so glad I didn't. You can make it and you will make it. Just take it one day at a time and realize that in a few weeks, things will be different. And a few weeks later, it will be different. It takes time.

There are some amazing (literally, I've counted at least 5) promising treatments and cures for C Diff on the horizon. There will be new antibiotics that we can take and stay safe. There are drugs that stop the toxins from working and tons of other wonderful treatments out there. We just have to hang tight and stay positive and healthy until then. A cure is coming!

I hate hearing the horror stories but I love hearing how people are there for us and how we are getting better and better. Yes, you will get better.

Please know you aren't alone and you can get through this.

Love to you and prayers for your speedy recovery and faith to believe that this too will get better.

Dianelynn

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”