I am frustrated

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
tessa63
Regular Contributor

I am frustrated

Postby tessa63 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:19 pm

HI All

I just need to vent because I am now in my 7 month of recovery and am constantly taking 2 steps forward 5 steps back. My last Dificid was 12/27, I had a colonoscopy on 4/7 due to seeing B again and although I had inflammation the biopsies were normal. I also had a +PCR in March and April pre and post colo but negative toxins. I was put on Canasa suppositories for 3 weeks for an inflamed rectum and they really did seem to help. By the end of May I was really advancing my diet except for dairy and salads etc and I really felt like I was improving. Two weeks ago I had a weekend when I had wine , asiago cheese, mozzarella cheese and a few things out of my comfort zone. I ended up with D every morning mainly once but sometimes twice for over a week. I started Enteragam last week and increased to a full packet (which used to constipate me) and finally had formed BM this AM. The issue that I am frustrated with is the pain after eating that doesn't feel like spasms, but just bloating and pain. My tummy looks 5 months pregnant and is just uncomfortable most of the time. I have Bentyl but haven't taken it because it made me feel weird when I tried it. My doc wants to do a sigmoidoscopy to take a few more biopsies ( I saw a little B last week) to make sure I don't have proctitis again. I am so confused ... could I have a low grade infection? Is this continuing PI- IBS and if so when is it going to improve???? I am tired of feeling great for several weeks only to have to eat chicken and rice again. I hate chicken now ... blah. What is all this bloating/?? Could it be hormonal?? ;possibly menopause symptoms starting??? I am worried about having ovarian cancer and the docs are missing it. I had an OB exam that was normal but you never know . I just need to vent because I am so sick of it! This is not healthy avoiding fruits and lots of veggies esp. in the summer .... Why can I feel great for so many weeks and then be miserable for several weeks? I cannot possibly eat any blander than I have been in the last 2 weeks but the bloating and gas remain.

T

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Re: I am frustrated

Postby Lisa33 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:54 pm

Tessa - I am so sorry that recovery has not been easy for you at all. You have every right to feel frustrated. It doesn't sound like c-diff is the culprit anymore, but its aftermath has been extremely difficult on you. Have you been checked for SIBO and other intolerances for lactose, fructose or gluten? If not, maybe that's something else to look into. I wish there was something that could be done to make things normal for you again. I don't know why some have a very long road to recovery after c-diff. It's very unfair. Praying that things get better for you soon.

Lisa

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:16 am

Tessa
I understand your frustration, as Lisa mentioned there may be things you can be tested for and look into.

I had been checked on and off for a while and for me it gets down to Post IBS. I was doing great and had just started eating Fresh Fruit a few weeks ago, even had 1/4 of a hamburger last week end....BUT....had an entire Fresh Peach on Monday...ended up in the ER. Suddenly I was really ill with cramps, pain on my left side and then the vomiting started..severe weakness which led me to the ER. In the end, they did do a CT, I was sure it was not CDIFF but worried about diverticulitis which started this entire nightmare for me....the CT was fine. ER Doctor felt it is Post IBS, also had alot of pain on my left side so combined with the two they wanted to rule out Kidney stones. I could not remember I tripped over my German SHeperd Pup a month ago which probably was the pain on my side that just got worse.
It's hard for me to believe 1 1/2 years later food could cause the severe IBS, but I have no other answer. I am going as slow as I can on the food issue, think I am fine and then it hits me. I was on Dificid for 3 long months on a pulse taper, I think that is why it has taken me so long to recover.

The food is a great frustration for me, so many move on and do just fine, I have had to be so careful. I am back on a bland diet for a few days trying to get things to settle.

It is terribly frustrating, you are not alone in this. I hope things improve for you, hang in there
NanciT

ramu
Regular User

Postby ramu » Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:16 pm

Hello Tessa! I do feel your frustration. I just wanted to send my thoughts of understanding, but have no answers. I agree that bland diets are really boring and chicken gets old very fast. One thing I do to make chicken more interesting is I wrap it in a t-bone steak, garnish it with a head of lettuce, tomatoes and onions (gadz I miss onions? anyone have luck with onions yet?) However, given time you are going to be better than normal, eating all you want: deep fried butter, icecream, steak, salads and all other sorts of Yummies! You are strong, awesome and just a few steps away from a normal, healthy diet. Keep fantastic karma, find happiness where your can and love you fellow human beings. Best of luck with recovery and GRATZ on being 7 months!

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”