Surgery after a long battle of C Diff

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: Surgery after a long battle of C Diff

Postby NanciT » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:45 pm

Hello Jds

So happy the surgery went well and that is behind you!! I have used Miralax several times through this Post IBS. It will cause me gas, gurgling, and often I have to RUN to the bathroom. I take very little when I need to because it does cause me symptoms....but it does work and my GI thinks it the best one to use post Cdiff.

Hopefully you will find things sorted out in a few days, I am sure its related to the pain meds

Get plenty of rest and fluids!
NanciT

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:30 am

Glad everything went well with the surgery . Prayers for a speedy Cdiff free , recovery !

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:28 am

Yes, you can have D for a couple of days with that. I would not worry about it. Since you were not able to take the IV vanco, try to take some probiotics if you tolerate them. Which antibiotic did they give you, and I assume it was just a one time dose for the surgery, correct?

jds0870
Regular Contributor

Postby jds0870 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:30 am

Thank you ladies!

Hey Beth, he gave me cefotetan. Yes it was just the one dose through the iv at surgery. I took the two doses of miralax yesterday. I'm still having d. I know miralax can cause that. But I'm having bad stomach cramps with it and I don't know if miralax can do that also but that's the part that's making me nervous. I am taking probiotics. I've amped them up to just a slightly higher dosage than normal. I didn't want to overdo it cause I know that can affect my stomach too. But I'm pretty yucky feeling. I'm praying it's just cause of the miralax. I also got the news today that my grandfather passed. This is definitely not my month! Thank you for caring and the responses I really hope this discomfort was caused by the dang miralax. So tired and stressed at this point I don't know whether I'm coming or going grr.

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:03 pm

So sorry about the passing of your grandfather. I hope you can get some rest and recover. Hopefully things settle down for you soon. Feel better!

jds0870
Regular Contributor

Postby jds0870 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:50 pm

Ugh still D today, gurgly stomach and painful stomach. I'm not familiar with the abx they gave me but I'm scared it's caused a relapse. I'm probably gonna have to request to test on Monday. My stomach is so yucky! Ugh I don't know what I'll do if it's positive. Don't wanna deal with it. I also am waiting for the results of the biopsy they took. Trying not be annoying and negative it's just tough cause I don't wanna do this again. Thanks for the support.

ramu
Regular User

Postby ramu » Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:47 pm

Hello JD0870. I am sorry about the gurgly stomach and I hope everything goes well. I wish you a speedy recovery, and that you find small bits of happiness in the coming hours, days, weeks and years. If you don't, Ima mail you a kitten! Maybe this one.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/56 ... 79c5eb.jpg

Just trying to give you a small giggle.
Jonathan

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”