Waiting for Test Results

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Waiting for Test Results

Postby beth22 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:17 am

Very happy to hear the test was negative. Maybe you had a bug of some kind. Uterine fibroids are very common, but have it checked out.

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ril » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:27 am

So happy for you! This disease just makes us so paranoid. It never goes away.
Try not to touch and wash, wash, wash!!!!
Now follow up on that mass and you will be fine.
Rita

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:43 am

Congrats on the negative test! Thank goodness! I hate when they give you test results without explaining what the hell that means. Maybe your gynecologist can shed some light to see what's going on.

notheidi
Regular Contributor

Postby notheidi » Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:08 pm

Thank you so much! i will try the Sea Bands.

I go for pelvic ultrasound tomorrow, so at least it's soon.
2010 mod/sev w/leukocytosis, cefdenir-sinus inf, metro rx'd wrong, resurged during tx. recovered w/dose change, lost 40 lbs. 2015 mod recur fr SNF, no abx, resolved w/vanco. 7/2022 mod recur, community acq, no abx, intermittent prodrome but didn't realize

ramu
Regular User

Postby ramu » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:58 pm

I am very happy that your test was negative. I have never been a germophobe, but I wash my hands constantly around the house. However, when I walk my dogs, I stop near a bush that has loose soil, and wipe the soil all over my arms. (studies show touching soil reduces depression and anxiety and right now I kinda need some random flora). However, bleach has become my bathroom friend. Hope you feel better! X-).

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:39 am

Ramu
C.diff is a soil borne bacteria.
It lives in soil waiting for a victim to come along and get it into their mouth.
Most parasites do the same as well.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:50 am

So glad for you.

notheidi
Regular Contributor

Postby notheidi » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:20 am

Thank you. The ultrasound results are in. The fibroid is 2 cm. Not very large as far as fibroids go I understand, but then the uterus itself is only about 7 cm or so, so that's taking up about 40% of it? There was also some free fluid in the cul de sac (never knew I had one of those) consistent with a ruptured ovarian cyst.

I have a two week wait to get into a gyn since it's a "new patient" appt. Until then I am crampy and feeling pretty bad still. Nobody has answered my question yet about whether the fibroid or fluid might be causing my symptoms. My PCP is bad, I'm looking for a new one. She is very bad about helping me understand test results. She just tells me what's there and no hint of whether this might be, probably be, certainly be, unlikely to be, etc, what's causing my symptoms.

She does her test result delivery via email one or two lines and then gets upset and tells you to come in and schedule an appt if you have further questions beyond what SHE thinks she should be providing. I can't stand this lady!!! She really lacks the ability to put herself in someone else's shoes and see the results as I see them, not as she sees them.

I made a big stink and asked to talk to the clinic manager to try to get some answers. I'm not coming in and paying $35 copayment just because she's lazy or too busy to pick up the d--n phone. That is totally unreasonable. I've never had a doctor that insisted that you come in to get test results, and knowing her she'd just tell me a whole lotta nothing. She just wants me to go in there to increase her billable hours for her own time management purposes, not what's best for me.

OK that's enough of a rant from my poor perimenopausal self.
2010 mod/sev w/leukocytosis, cefdenir-sinus inf, metro rx'd wrong, resurged during tx. recovered w/dose change, lost 40 lbs. 2015 mod recur fr SNF, no abx, resolved w/vanco. 7/2022 mod recur, community acq, no abx, intermittent prodrome but didn't realize

amyc
Long Time Contributor

Postby amyc » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:33 am

Yeah you need a new doctor. Ovarian cysts suck, and a ruptured one can make you miserable for sure, but I don't know if it could cause D? Cramps and misery definitely though.

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:50 am

I feel like more and more doctors don't give test results over the phone anymore. So sorry for your frustrations with your doctor. I have no idea if your symptoms are from the gynelogical issues, but I do know that when I am cramping from our monthly friend, I tend to go more frequently and it can be loose to D. So maybe there is a correlation from the pressure you are feeling. A gynecologist is really the one that will answer all of your questions with this. You should call them and tell them to call you if anybody cancels their appt so that you can get in sooner if possible.

notheidi
Regular Contributor

Postby notheidi » Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:49 pm

Thank you, good ides. Actively looking for new doc, yeah sometimes I get loose with my monthly visitor too.

Yeah this thing is definitely causing misery. One min I'm ok and the next in bed with chills and cramps. Unpredictable. This too shall pass!

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:10 am

I just found out I was anemic after surgery last fall. No one called and told me. I went to PCP Because I was exhausted and sleeping a lot. Did not follow my own Cardinal Rule of of following through with tests. Cannot get results online with this practice.

Once again, the patient was right - but failed to follow through. Dumb.

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”