Foolish eating

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
Acres
Regular Contributor

Re: Foolish eating

Postby Acres » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:56 am

Hi Ramu,
Since my last post, my rollercoaster IBS continues....Lately I have noticed dark flakes in my stool (very frightening). Some are corn flake size and some are small, but there is a lot....Also crampy in places I have never been crampy before, strange taste in mouth is back etc....Eating properly with modified brat diet, losing weight again, due to this....
Six months now, and I guess my problems are mild, but as I have said several times, my anxiety is my worst foe....I AM trying to be positive....Taking Xanax at night when needed helps...
I decided to have a colonoscopy on 7/26 due to the flakes - I just cannot handle the stress not knowing the cause...My diet has not changed since this started, except for a few foolish errors which I paid for with IBS episodes, so I do not think the flakes are food related..... I wonder if they are bacteria and/or yeast die off ? I have no idea and feel like my head is spinning with what to do... I ask 3 doctors and get 3 completely different answers....
Having said all of this, the glass is still half full....
Scott

Bobbie
Administrator

Re: Foolish eating

Postby Bobbie » Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:17 am

The uncertainty about c diff is what drives us all nutso. I don''t think any other diease causes such anxiety. One minute you feel great - and horribly sick three hours later.

Keep up with the exercise. It helps. I would kill to be able to exercise now but just had foot surgery.

After years of "being careful" I gave up but don't overdo on dairy or sweet things. I think we all eat things that might bother us now and then as sort of a "dare" to c diff. Don't bother feeling guilty. It is not worth the effort.

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”