Still D ugh

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
hledgess
Regular Contributor

Still D ugh

Postby hledgess » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:18 pm

I'm getting so frustrated with bathroom issues! Just when I thought I was doing better and having solid stool with out medicines then I'll get D again after one or two solid stools.. Today two of each .. It scares me and my mind always goes to c diff even though I've had countless negative tests after abx .. I shower and bleach the toilet after each movement in fear of contaminating everything just in case it was back .. I'm tired of taking medicine to not go like Bentyl and questran .. Took both today. I'm scheduled for a SIBO test in April I'm just ready for answers and normalcy

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: Still D ugh

Postby NanciT » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:22 pm

I know this may sound the same...but t can really take time. It can also be very frustrating going back and forth with the D.
Do you notice this when changing diet? This is something that has stood out to me and so I have had to change things very slowly. Especially if I eat out, that can be a big trigger even if it's something simple.

Things will calm down, I think the Fear of CDIFF returning is one shared by so many and I have found it's about time. The more time that passes, the better you will feel about it.
Take Care
NanciT

hledgess
Regular Contributor

Postby hledgess » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:46 pm

I'm ok with eating out as I work in a restaurant and that's majority of my diet .. I think it's sweets.. I had a bunch of cookies last Friday when it happened and then sun had cupcake and min part of a cookie n two cupcakes so that could be it.. I took questran last night so I've yet to go today lol.. That stuff stops the D fast ..
I agree with time I'm sure I'll be less scared but right now I'm terrified

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:32 pm

Sugar is one of the "no nos." it feeds the bad bacteria. I would cut it out or at least cut back.

justme
Long Time Contributor

Postby justme » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:15 pm

I agree wholeheartedly with Bobbie - sugar is BAD. Even after 3 years, sugar has adverse effects on my digestive system. A little bit of sugar will go a long way. It sounds like you overloaded on the stuff over a short period of time. The reaction will pass, but be careful in the future.
Aloha,
Anne

hledgess
Regular Contributor

Postby hledgess » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:04 pm

I thought maybe that was part of the problem ..it sucks Bc I used to eat a pint of ice cream a day .. Plus I'm trying to gain weight.. Frustrating .. Thanks ladies I will try to control my cravings and see if that helps.

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”