Worried

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
jds0870
Regular Contributor

Worried

Postby jds0870 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:03 pm

Hey...hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. It flew by so fast for me! So I have had some off days the last couple days. I've had sporadic d and a very gurgly stomach...which is the part that scares me most cause when I have c diff my stomach is constantly gurgly. I am on my period so I know I've read on here other woman have had weird bowels while being on their period. It still concerns me because I took the 7 days of Macrobid. I know super low offender but when I have d it automatically scares me. Hoping that it is just my cycle causing the upset. Really hate when I try to analyze any little sounds or weird bowel I have. Grr

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Worried

Postby beth22 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:56 pm

If you tolerate probiotics, I would take them for a few weeks. If things get worse, you can always test for c diff, but if you don't get D, then I wouldn't. Pepto Bismol sometimes helps the other symptoms.

saraht
Long Time Contributor

Postby saraht » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:34 pm

I sometimes get like that when I ovulate or menstruate. I actually just went thru a yucky IBS episode. Agreed with beth, I would take some probiotics if you aren't already on them. I relapsed from macrobid, but that doesn't mean you will. Hope things settle down for you!

-Sarah

daisy
Regular User

Postby daisy » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:04 pm

I've had gurgling noises, especially when I lie down, since I had the C diff infection and they never went away. It's been 13 months already since I had C diff, so I don't think the gurgling noises really are that important. I hope you are just having an IBS flare up, and that you feel better soon.

jds0870
Regular Contributor

Postby jds0870 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:14 pm

Thanks Ladies! My doctor ordered a sample today and I'm gonna try to drop tomorrow. I'm just so irritated because k just started an extensive training class at work. It's 10 weeks long and we video conference other state agencies so I can't be running for the bathroom every 5 minutes! I'll post results. Very frustrated.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:54 am

I am extremely prone to c diff but have tolerated Macrobid for years without it causing c diff. (Like any other Med. It can have side effects.)

Bet you just have a stomach virus. In the words of a character in a soap opera I Used to watch when my older son was a baby, "Don't trouble trouble, until trouble troubles you."

My son just turned 49. I don't know how he got so old!!!

jds0870
Regular Contributor

Postby jds0870 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:10 pm

Hello sorry it took so long to post. My new position at work is kicking my butt! The test was negative. Still having off days here and there. Today being one. I know it's most likely ibs. It just scared me ugh! I'm 2 days from Being 3 months out from my 1st enema FMT. So I know I'm still healing and try to not worry so much. But having that abx after scares me. I really hope this little flare is ibs related. I really don't have time for. Relapse right now with work and kids lol. Not that c diff cares. I got my doctor to prescribe enteragam I'm gonna pick in up in the next day or two! Excited to hopefully see good results from it and hope it helps with ibs! This is my 3rd negative test since my 2 enema fmts i know I need to try and be positive. Anytime I get d I still get so scared that it's back. Thanks for listening. I hope everyone is well. I pray nightly for everyone suffering.

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:48 am

Congrats on the negative test!!! That's great news. And good luck with your new position at work. Maybe the anxiety from that is adding to the IBS. Nerves and stress can definitely bring on IBS for me.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:05 pm

Hi Jds
I'm so happy you got another negative test , this is great news although it sounds like recovery will be a loooong , bumpy road for you too.I'm almost 4 months out from my infusion and i'm still miserable , and i had a awful tummy day today as well.I'm sending positive vibes your way for a speedy recovery!

daisy
Regular User

Postby daisy » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:20 pm

Hi JDS,

I am glad you got another negative!! Probably IBS, the rush at work, but... Enjoy life you are Cured!!!

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”