Woke up with anxiety

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
saraht
Long Time Contributor

Woke up with anxiety

Postby saraht » Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:39 am

It happens a lot due to the PCOS, and the constant changes in my hormones, but I woke up extremely anxious today. Also have a very strange sore throat that started last night. It's at the back of my tongue, and top of my throat. I had a little burning a couple days ago in the back of my nose, and yesterday my glads were sore, now today this. I keep thinking maybe it's strep, I'm really really hoping it's just some weird virus. Checked my throat, everything is red, and inflamed. Don't see that typical white strep throat yet, but I'm nervous. I hate jumping to conclusions, never did this prior to c.diff.
Don't you all hate it? Worrying about every little virus you get, and wondering if it could be something else that's going to require an antibiotic. Ugh.. To be that care free person I was prior to a c.diff infection. I wouldn't even know what antibiotic to ask for if it was strep, any suggestions? I relapsed on macrobid for a uti, I feel like almost anything is going to make me relapse.

It's also been a pretty rough couple of days here, we are running low on funds due to needing a new roof. Found out yesterday my copay on my migraine meds was raised from 50 dollars to 150 dollars, for 9 pills. Pharmaceutical company raised the price of my meds. Nice huh? I was getting a migraine, trying to get my migraine meds. LOL.
Suppose to go out of town tomorrow to see a band, now I don't even know if I feel like going.

mach1320
Contributor

Re: Woke up with anxiety

Postby mach1320 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:03 pm

Nasal drip ? Possible sinus infection ? I've only had one in my life and it was the same way. Odd sore throat red and inflamed actually lost my voice

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:57 pm

I would call your doctor and request a throat culture be done.

Dukiemom
Contributor

Postby Dukiemom » Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:43 pm

Saraht,
I just want to say that I'm sorry about your migraine meds. That's just lousy. I'm having itchy scratchy throat, swollen glands and nasal drip. I'm blaming the constant indoor heating and an increased sensitivity to symptoms. Last year at this time I would have said, "Oh, it's a cold and will be completely gone in a week to ten days. All is different now. A humidifier for you tonight maybe? Feel better.

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:33 pm

Oh God Sarah, I feel your pain. I just went through this awful throat infection, which I swore was bacterial, but it was viral. I had white pus pockets all down my throat and on my tonsils and ran a fever for 5 days. I couldn't get out of bed. All throat cultures came back negative. I just have very high levels of Epstein Barr Virus. I know how our minds automatically jump to conclusions and the fear of needing an antibiotic. But, from what you describe sounds very much like a viral illness. You can get a throat culture done to be sure and to ease your fears, but keep reminding yourself that around 90% of the time, these illnesses are viral. If mine was bacterial, I was going to take a zpac, but others have recommended doxycycline or Pen VK. Given what I could have had, the doctor said zpac was my best option. But you probably won't need to get to that point, so try not to worry. Cepacol and Advil were my best friends! And drink LOTS of water, and gargle several times a day with salt and water.

I hope you feel better soon.
Lisa

saraht
Long Time Contributor

Postby saraht » Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:16 am

Taking it day by day. Everything still feels about the same, no worse, so I guess that's good. I think it may be viral. My ears are itchy this morning, I haven't really had a lot of nasal drip with this one. Between my hormones acting up, and this, the fibro is has been rearing it's ugly head pretty good. I'm still going to go to the concert and try to enjoy myself. I rarely get sitters, or to go anywhere, I told myself no worrying your way out of this one. I have been doing the salt and water, which is calming to my throat. I also did some oil pulling and let the coconut oil sit back there too, that really helped yesterday, very soothing to irritation in the throat and it gives it a nice coating. So if anyone gets a sore throat, give it a try! It also has natural antibacterial and antifungal properties, which is always a plus in my book. Thanks everyone for the kind words and listening to me vent.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:09 pm

Afraid fear and anxiety are part of c diff. Dies not make it any easier to take.

Glad you are feeling a little better. Enjoy the concert!

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:35 pm

I'm glad you went to the concert, Sarah! Hope you have a great time!

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”