Align Probiotic

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
justme
Long Time Contributor

Align Probiotic

Postby justme » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:37 pm

I finally found a probiotic that works for me. Someone on this board suggested Align which contains only one probiotic - Bifidobacterium infantis, which has been developed by Gastroenterologists and seems to be more easily tolerated. I've tried every other probiotic and reacted badly to all - including yogurt, kefir, etc. I've used it for 11 days and except for a little loose stool on some days, I seem to be tolerating it well. Thank you to whoever suggested it (I can't remember who it was, but I am grateful).
Aloha,
Anne

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: Align Probiotic

Postby NanciT » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:35 am

Great to hear Anne! I have seen it in the stores and wondered if anyone has tried it. Some are so tough to tolerate
Thanks
NanciT

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:56 am

You have hit the probiotic jackpot, Anne! I'm so glad you found something that you can tolerate.

saraht
Long Time Contributor

Postby saraht » Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:38 am

Good news!! Glad to hear it! It makes you wonder tho doesn't it, with all the probiotics and brands out there, what will work for who.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:10 am

Just goes to show what works for one doesn't work for all. I don't tolerate that one at all, but can take VSL#3 in small amounts. Glad you finally found one. I had to try a few before I found one too. The nice thing about Align is that it doesn't have to be refrigerated!

iamsick
Long Time Contributor

Postby iamsick » Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:13 pm

Align is the probiotic my GI recommended when I started Vanco after Flagyl failed to eradicate cdiff. I took 2 a day for about 3 months then, per my doctor's orders, dropped to one a day. I now continue 1 day and I am 10 + months post last Vanco and doing well. I did switch to the Equate generic from Walmart and still ok.
Teresa_68

justme
Long Time Contributor

Postby justme » Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:31 pm

I guess everybody's gut is as individual as their personality. There isn't a one-size/type fits all.
Anne

justme
Long Time Contributor

Postby justme » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:33 pm

Update on Align: Unfortunately after 14 days on this probiotic, I started getting very gassy and loose stool. I've cut back to every few days and thinking about just once a week to get my body accustomed to it more slowly. I guess, I'm just one of those people who have a difficult time adjusting to any probiotic, and I used to eat yogurt every day, but am now so lactose intolerant, that is not a viable option and I've tried them all.

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”