Exhausted of treatment.

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: Exhausted of treatment.

Postby NanciT » Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:50 pm

Zapper

We have had several posters who are pregnant so hopefully they will see this, you may want to start a new thread with the Pregnancy question.
Just from my experience in Healthcare, you need to consult your OBGYN and ask them to work with your GI for all treatment. I would do this now as you have just found out you are pregnant and in the first trimester. Most OB's are more conservative during this time.
Sorry you are going through all this and I also understand your anxiety working in healthcare. It is very difficult and I have struggled with this for the last year. Time really does help. Please consult both your OB and GI and have them work together. Congratulations on the Pregnancy!!
NanciT

sevla
Regular Contributor

Re: Exhausted of treatment.

Postby sevla » Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:28 am

Congratulations on the pregnancy Zapper!
However, I am so sorry that you got the news together with the 3rd relapse.
I would do as NanciT mentioned - talk to OBGYN and she/he should work together with GI. I believe FMT is the best way to go so that you don't take antibiotics for several weeks during pregnancy. I also got rid of my cdiff with FMT. I was not pregnant, but I would do it any day again if I would ever have cdiff again. Check with your doctors and keep us posted.

Stay strong and positive. I know it's hard. When I had my 3rd relapse my world fell apart. But this too shall pass and you have something else to look forward to. :-)

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”