I feel like venting today!!!

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: I feel like venting today!!!

Postby beth22 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:23 pm

Glad to hear you are feeling better. Hopefully, whatever it is, is on its way out!

NikaNik
Long Time Contributor

Postby NikaNik » Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:24 pm

So glad you are finally feeling better and glad you didn't need the antibiotic. Ugh - hate the fear and hope one day none of us will ever have to worry about it. Will pray for continued improvement! Hugs!

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:59 pm

Happy for you. I am terrified of antibiotics (altho I know they have saved many lives).

Congrats,and prayers you continue to improve.

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:18 pm

I just wanted to give an update to all of you amazing people who have really helped me keep my fears in check with this illness. I am feeling a ton better today. Thank God. I got the results from my bloodwork late today, and it's all viral - no infection! I am completely relieved and grateful that it's viral. I guess viruses can be just as intense as bacterial infections. I did find out that I have an active Epstein-Barr Virus. The levels were extremely high, way above normal. I think she said 17 was the high end of normal, and I'm in the 200s. The mono test came back negative, so it was just Epstein-Barr and my body fighting this crazy viral infection. I was diagnosed with Epstein-Barr in my late teens. The virus lies dormant in your body. I guess mine decided to re-activate after all these years. I have upped my vitamin supplements in an attempt to boost my immune system back up. When I had Epstein-Barr as a teen, I used to get B-12 shots, so I'm adding extra B complex vitamins now.

Thank you all again for your support. I really do appreciate it.
Lisa

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:29 pm

Great to hear you are feeling better Lisa, and no infection was found. all was viral. There is so much going around right now!
I think we are all so much more cautious about antibiotics, so happy your were able to fight through this

Feel better soon!
NanciT

notheidi
Regular Contributor

Postby notheidi » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:25 am

Yay!!! So glad you're feeling better!

Sorry to her about the EBV levels. Hope the B helps.
2010 mod/sev w/leukocytosis, cefdenir-sinus inf, metro rx'd wrong, resurged during tx. recovered w/dose change, lost 40 lbs. 2015 mod recur fr SNF, no abx, resolved w/vanco. 7/2022 mod recur, community acq, no abx, intermittent prodrome but didn't realize

getwellsoon
Long Time Contributor

Postby getwellsoon » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:59 am

So happy for you Lisa. Hope the EBV calms down and you get back to feeling better. All this illness at once is awful, I know firsthand. Good luck.
CAROL

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:02 am

Thank you so much everyone! I really do appreciate all of you.

Carol - I hope you have been feeling better as well with everything that you have been through!

I'm going to lock my own post now, as it's getting long. This crazy virus caused a 3 pager! ;-)

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”