Dont know how long i can put up with this !

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
mach1320
Contributor

Re: Dont know how long i can put up with this !

Postby mach1320 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:41 pm

My specalist had tested for infection and parasites which came back neg, they just wouldnt test the sample for c diff. Blood work came back today and was normal from what i can make of it. Temp was like 99.8 when i went in but wasnt feeling warm or anything

notheidi
Regular Contributor

Postby notheidi » Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:23 am

Totally share your feelings about the medical system not sharing the concern for urgency.

I think the reason why they don't want to test unless it's watery "enough" is because of the people who may test positive with no signs of infection. But I know that doesn't help you in your situation.

If you test positive, get them to reimburse you for the test. And file a grievance with your health plan.
2010 mod/sev w/leukocytosis, cefdenir-sinus inf, metro rx'd wrong, resurged during tx. recovered w/dose change, lost 40 lbs. 2015 mod recur fr SNF, no abx, resolved w/vanco. 7/2022 mod recur, community acq, no abx, intermittent prodrome but didn't realize

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:46 am

Have you been tested for Crohn's? A couple of posters got it after c diff and that can give low grade temperatures. I would ask your doctor about the possibility.

mach1320
Contributor

Postby mach1320 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:50 am

Par for the course today just typed a novel and it asked me to login when I hit submit....

Today's the worst I've felt in prob 3 weeks. I finished vanco in October 2014 and had a colonoscopy that same December which ruled out all inflammatory disease. I could bring up that stuff again I guess but I think he just tested me for an inflammatory marker that came back negative.

I had to take Imodium and a bunch if mints to make my hour drive to work.i think probiotics might be making it worse but I think my breath test will be positive and I'm desperate so I'll take the Rifaximin in a second I'm so desperate right now... I just want sort of normalcy back in my life this crap is killing me. My blood test came back good minus a low vitamin d and I've lost about 25 lbs in this last month

hledgess
Regular Contributor

Postby hledgess » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:20 pm

Just came across this and wanted to see if you figured anything out or if you got answers or feeling better? I am having issues myself and playing the waiting game for another day after today so I can test.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:54 am

See CDI for info.re testing. Most recent info last,

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=135#p42285

mach1320
Contributor

Postby mach1320 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:47 pm

hledgess wrote:
> Just came across this and wanted to see if you figured anything out or if
> you got answers or feeling better? I am having issues myself and playing
> the waiting game for another day after today so I can test.

I'm a week into my 14 day course, feeling 75% better, much much improved but kinda weird stool. Formed but still soft and bright yellow but the drugs are destroying flora so... Gotta figure out what probiotic to use immediately after. Thinking align . I got my breath test results via my online portal today, negative . Guessing he proceeded with treatment based on symptoms ? I was producing hydrogen and methane though. I see the university's gi dietician this upcoming Thursday. I miss food.... A lot, not looking forward to long term low fodmap

Hoping this course does some good for me. I need a small surgery this year and worry I will be given antibiotics though

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:16 pm

Ask for IV vanco during surgery. Worked for me!

Tough being fed through a port. Best of luck for improvement.

mach1320
Contributor

Postby mach1320 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:38 pm

Given the lack of symptoms I decided to try a taste of real food yesterday. Pad Thai ( because it's gluten free) annnnnnd that was a mistake I paid for. I'm guessing something in the sauce..... Oh well

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:57 am

Hell, at least you tried it! Sorry you had to pay for it though. In time, you will be able to eat yummy foods again!

hledgess
Regular Contributor

Postby hledgess » Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:29 pm

Mach1320~
So you tested positive I take it?

mach1320
Contributor

Postby mach1320 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:21 am

Actually it was negative, I was producing hydrogen and methane but not a ton, I just got my result I could view on my patient portal last week, but I had some gas s heartburn from the drink so I'm guessing that's why he went ahead with treatment. Today is my last day of the two week course of antibiotics and it deff had an impact on my symptoms my only concern is it comes right back when I stop. Went to the vitamin shop last night and found they have a great refrigerator full of probiotics, nice to see s place that understands that's. Got some 90 billion capsules with 15 strains to try and replenish the good once I finish this last day of the antibiotics.

The c diff test from my pcp was also negative however I don't tottally trust their labs competence with c diff the tech seemed pretty uneducated about it. I'm thinking my sample was frozen by them for 24-48hrs backfire it was tested...

Just hopeful these pills have helped, kinda hoping the poor reaction to food might just be the antibiotics. I've been eating chicken and rice with bell peppers for a couple months now... In down 25lbs

hledgess
Regular Contributor

Postby hledgess » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:40 am

What Was your test a breath test for? I have had to stop probiotics and in 2 weeks have a 3 hour breath test to check for good bacteria overgrowth since I'm still having symptoms but tested negative for c diff. So I was just curious

mach1320
Contributor

Postby mach1320 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:13 pm

Mine was a hydrogen breath test. Last night I took my last antibiotic and this morning started the string probiotics to make sure I rebuild the good, I see the dietician tomorrow but she's located in the gi/ infectious disease part of the hospital

hledgess
Regular Contributor

Postby hledgess » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:14 pm

Ok I was just curious Bc I had a negative test a week n a half ago but still having issues do my PA suggested a breath test as well . I'm worried to go off of my probiotics.. I've also just stared dycyclomine as well hoping it helps.

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”