I hate c diff

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
Bobbie
Administrator

Re: I hate c diff

Postby Bobbie » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:57 am

Know what you mean - have had 8 bouts of pneumonia since my first case of c diff in 1993. There are two pneumovax vaccines - ask your doc about them. Get a flu shot - there is one that is extra strong this year.Most important - hand washing.

TowerL
Contributor

Postby TowerL » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:33 am

Thanks Bobbie! Will look into it. I have never needed the shot and only had the flu once.

I will say I had been feeling better and was going out more. Today though I feel a lot of stomach pain. I'm afraid that my risk taking might of reinfected me or that I'm far enough away from the vanco that it's coming back.

Still haven't canceled Mayo appointment. Will be heartbroken if c diff not gone. I almost cried at work once the pain started.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:06 am

IBS gives pain too. I had some today and it isn't c diff. I would still keep your appointment with Mayo. I have thought of going myself, but it is pretty far for me. There are lots of issues post c diff and it might be good for them to see what is going on and maybe they can help your recovery.

susant
Regular Contributor

Postby susant » Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:50 pm

I'd go to mayo too. I think it'd be very beneficial. If for nothing else... To answer some of your questions.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:53 pm

Agree.

mach1320
Contributor

Postby mach1320 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:36 pm

I feel your pain, I'm sorry you're going through this crap but its kind of nice noticing younger people going through the same things. Seems most first hand stuff i find tend to be middle aged women, who have a lot good advice but very little in common with myself lol, always felt like a bit of a disconnect. But just last year i met a girl going to medical school to be a nurse, she was aware of the previous c diff, wasnt grossed out by anything, understood ibs was a legit thing and could talk to her, ultimately reoccurring flares stressed me out and i felt i was going to just hold her back so i let her go... it sucks big time, I'd do anything in the world if i knew it would put me back to my normal old self, even if i died trying i wouldnt care, i look around every day and listen to peoples problems and think of what I'd do for those to be my problems, sounds cliche but you really do take your life for granted until you're hit with something like what we have suffered.

Best of luck to you, my parents are what keep me going, I'm not super close but they're enough that i have to be here for them and i suggest you find something that you need be on this planet for, without a doubt its the thing that keeps me trucking along best i can.

TowerL
Contributor

Postby TowerL » Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:53 pm

Thanks everyone! Sorry I have not had a chance to reply. Stomach has been better and have actually started dealing with my move (I moved two weeks before getting sick). I want to keep my appointment with Mayo, but am going to have to cancel and re-schedule for summer. I do not have enough hours or support at work to go and get all the exams at the different providers before my appointment. In addition, my family would have to take time off too to go which they would like not to do. So I will be cancelling and seeing and oral surgeon in April for teeth and an ENT in April for nose.

Hoping things stay stable.

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”