I'm getting really frustrated.

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
katey
New User

I'm getting really frustrated.

Postby katey » Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:53 am

I just cant seem to find ANY answers. I got cdiff back in November. I took flagyl for 2 weeks I'm pretty sure. I had started feeling better. I had watery diarrhea one day out of the entire time I had cdiff. I still can't eat properly, things irritate my stomach. My doctor thinks it's gone because I don't have watery diarrhea. They WILL NOT TEST ME again because my poop isn't watery. I still feel like I have it. Maybe it's all in my head and I'm stressing way too much about this. nobody will give me answers and it's so frustrating. HOW DO I KNOW IF CDIFF IS GONE?! I'm taking charcoal pills because I read that they will suck up all the toxins and do far it's helping. My poop has been black but once I stop taking them my poop is back to a yellowish. There is no blood, I've had no fever, there is no pus and really no mucus that cdiff calls for. Can someone PLEASE give me answers?! I'm about to lose mind.

Ashley20
Regular Contributor

Re: I'm getting really frustrated.

Postby Ashley20 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:08 pm

I also took Flagyl in August for 10 days. Just like you i only had the WD for one day. I lost lots of weight (40 lbs) in 3 months. I was so afraid to eat but i have slowly added more foods and so far i been able to tolerate many. I did not become lactose intolerant. I used to take 2 florastor and one culturelle a day plus drink keifer and eat greek plain yogurt. Now o only take one Florastor a day. Towards the end of October i had a week with WD and i thought for sure it was a relapse, i got tested and the lab lost my stool sample...so i never knew if it was a relapse. Since then, my stools got better and back to just once a day and well formed. I did get tested in September by EIA test and it came back negative. I was one that had the horrible nausea too and that has slowly gotten better too. My doctor says its my choice if i want to retest but she doesn't advice it. I just assume my cdiff is gone since i dont have D. My 8 month old baby also tested positive 3 months ago and he has one stool a day that looks completely normal so he is not being treated for cdiff.

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:26 pm

Hi Katey - I really don't think you have c-diff anymore. For one reason or another, it takes many people quite some time to get back to a normal diet after c-diff. November really isn't that long ago, so I am not surprised that you are still dealing with the aftermath. We all want quick fixes, but with c-diff time is the biggest healer. I was one of the lucky ones that didn't really get GI upset from foods after c-diff. The only thing that gave me digestive problems were leafy greens such as salad and spinach. I still stay away from salads and dressings. However, my stools have been inconsistent ever since c-diff, which I attribute to the probiotics that I take now and the changes that I made to my diet. It took me 8 months to have just one BM per day. Many on here had to stick to a bland diet for several months, and added foods back slowly. Eventually you will get there. As I said, time seems to be the healer of this nasty infection. The further out you are from finishing treatment, the better things get.

Hang in there,
Lisa

katey
New User

Postby katey » Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:09 am

It's usually only just dairy I'm having a head time with. I get diarrhea so bad when I drink milk or if I have a frappe from McDonald's. I just took a chance on drinking half a frappe and my stomach is so tore up now when I was just fine earlier. I went to the hospital last night to get some answers since nobody would give me answers and the RN sat and talked to me for an hour about it. I feel a lot better about the situation and I am cdiff free. Just having after effects. I'll get back to my normal diet but I'll stay away from things that upset my belly. Thanks guys.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:54 am

Many, after a digestive upset, cannot tolerate dairy products. You answered your own question. There are some products - such as Lactaid - that can help but I would stay dairy free for awhile. Be sure and get enough calcium - there are calcium pills. Check with your doctor.

Wait while to try dairy again.

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”