Losing Hope

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
jds0870
Regular Contributor

Losing Hope

Postby jds0870 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:12 pm

I've been having D for 9 days. I'm so frustrated. I had a negative Pcr but I don't think it's right. I went in to see my doctor today and she put in an order for another test. I dropped my sample off today. Probably won't get results until Tuesday....I don't know what else would be causing d everyday. I've been tested for other pathogens and h pylori and everything. Except the ibs check. They won't treat me unless the test is positive for c diff. I've lost 7 pounds in a week. I need to lose a little weight but this way sucks! I'm putting on a brave front for my kids but I'm scared. I don't know what's going on in my colon or intestines and I'm scared. I feel inside its c diff!! How long do I have to go untreated and suffer. I'm scared its gonna be left untreated and I'm lose my colon or die. I'm so frustrated and scared and angry!! How would they like to feel this way? 8 months of this. I just want it to stop...I want my life back. The fear of this killing me is always in the back of my mind. I'm sorry For complaining I just don't know where else to go...I feel like no one is taking me serious. I will never get better. My hope is wavering and I am in a dark place.

roy
Administrator

Re: Losing Hope

Postby roy » Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:38 am

The key is that you said in an earlier post that theres not much D.
If its less than 3 times a day its probable that the negative test is correct.
Its frustrating but your Dr is correct and is protecting you from overtreating and all the problems that can cause.

getwellsoon
Long Time Contributor

Postby getwellsoon » Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:55 am

Are you having true watery D or is it just loose mushy stools? The reason I ask is because there is a difference. I had mushy stools for almost a year post meds. Vanco just destroys so much of the gut flora that it can take literally years to recover, as they have new studies out about the onslaught of ATX on the gut flora and after so many months out it is still not back to normal and may never be. Post IBS is terrible and I suffered for 3 yrs. and only this past year can say my bowels are almost back to normal. Now I am C if you can believe it so from one extreme to the other. I hope you get it sorted out and can get the mushy stools under control but diet and time and healing is the only thing that gets us there. Hope today is better and this episode resolves for you soon. Let us know how you do.
CAROL

jds0870
Regular Contributor

Postby jds0870 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:24 pm

Thank you Roy and Carol.....I have true wd 2 to 4 times a day. Sometimes mushy. The part that scares is I also have the mucous. I'm glad she doesn't want to over treat. I guess I'm just frustrated something is definitely wrong with my body. I was back to mostly softly formed stools. Of course there are things I still couldn't eat. But then after 3 and a half months my stools turned to WD after anything I ate. I really don't know if IBS can start out of nowhere after having okay stools. I also have pains in my stomach and am very fatigued. With on and off back pains and headaches. She did a repeat Pcr so I will get results on most likely Tuesday so if it's negative I don't think someone could get 2 negative pcrs if they had c diff. I've read it's very accurate. She's gonna refer me to gi either way. I've been looking into the trials just incase because there's one 3.5 hours from where I live.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:34 pm

With IBS you can appear fine and then........abdominal pain, D, or C, it is all over the place. I am hoping the PCR is negative and you get the results soon!
I have thought CDIFF was back 3 times, I even had the vomiting again which for me was a terrible part of CDIFF.
I have struggled with Post IBS for 1 year now, there are times when I feel great and I stick to a very bland diet. I have no idea what sets it off.
It is getting better and you will get better. Many of us have felt hopeless..........but we made it through and are here to help on those dark days
You will get past this and be well again. If it is positive, then you will treat it. If it is negative, you can speak with the GI for medication that can help you get through the IBS. Sometimes you have to know you have a plan in place and will be well again
Let us know!
NanciT

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:57 pm

We all have felt hopeless and depressed because of this damnble disease. Something will eventually help - a new Med or method. Get through each day because the next day might be the one that cures you.

Keep us posted.

jds0870
Regular Contributor

Postby jds0870 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:45 am

Thank you ladies! You guys are amazing! I'm looking into enteragam and I'm going to ask my doctor if she will give me a prescription for it at my next visit. I remember on here somewhere that it's cheaper through the company. I've been walking and it really helps it clears my mind! I will post the results. I hope everyone has a great weekend! Hugs to all

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:28 am

Hi JDS
I'm so sorry you are having bad symptomes again .I'm praying that your results will be negative.You may be experiencing a very bad flare of IBS or maybe you should be tested for other GI bugs if your PCR turns out to be negative.Hang in there it's just a matter of time until we'll have a real cure for this.

jds0870
Regular Contributor

Postby jds0870 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:39 pm

Thank you Georgina I really appreciate your kind words. How are you feeling??

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:20 am

I have my good and bad days.Now after the infusion the only thing that upsets me is that the mush and the yellow is not leaving , altough i'm only going once , and seldom twice.I have energy , i have an appetite,no pain ,mild gurgling here and there , and some gas.I'm trying to think positive and be optimistic that the infusion worked.I've asked my uncle from France to search the pharmacies there for Enteragam.I would love to try it.Did you ask your doctor about Enteragam for you?Many here had good results with it,hope it will work wonders for you.Feel better soon!

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”