The Big "WD"

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
justme
Long Time Contributor

The Big "WD"

Postby justme » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:29 am

After nearly 3 years and no incidents, quite suddenly once this morning and now 3 times tonight after dinner WD. I was normal about 3 x this morning (which is usual) and then 1 WD incident. I felt a little nauseated this afternoon and ate a ginger candy which helped. Other than that, just lots of gas (which with acid reflux is normal for me). I had recently upped my dosage of Zantac from one 75 mg/daily to two/day. I was getting a lot of gas for several weeks, so I stopped the yogurt. I've taken NO antibiotics and have not been ill. I think it is a touch of gastroenteritis (hopefully). My husband went to get some Pepto. I am worried, but don't feel ill other than the WD and gas pain (and no eating problems). I can definitely understand the intense worry that all of our posters feel when they have little incidents after doing battle with C. Diff. I was getting complacent, but I realize that fear is still lurking there and probably will never leave. My sister has her first public art show on Saturday. I don't want to miss it. Wish me luck that this thing (whatever it is), passes quickly and I can drive to the other side of the island and not have to cancel.
Aloha,
Anne

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: The Big "WD"

Postby beth22 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:28 am

Sorry you are not well, Anne. Hopefully, it is just a virus. In May I had a whole night of D that ended in WD and my tests all came back negative for everything. I assume it was a virus for me. Let us know how you are. Pepto usually helps me when this type of thing happens. If it is c diff, it won't do much. But, if not, it should give you some relief.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:28 am

Hi Anne
I don't think it's CDiff after all this time especially since you have not had antibiotics.Maybe it's just a virus or something like that.I hope you will feel better soon.

justme
Long Time Contributor

Postby justme » Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:47 am

Thank you ladies, for the encouraging words. It actually isn't WD (more flaky, but constant). It might be a virus and it also might be something I ate that once it hit my colon was thoroughly rejected. It's acting more like the clean-out you get before a colonoscopy. I've been eating a piece of dark chocolate candy every night, along with other goodies that a neighbor brought back from Las Vegas. I was having lots of bloating and gas with the yogurt, so I'm stopping that for now. I guess no matter how far we go down the road after a battle with the beast, we still have that niggling feeling that we haven't seen the last of it (at least I do). My colon may not be completely healed and I have to treat it in a more nurturing way instead of stuffing down goodies that it apparently is not fond of. Wish me luck that I make the showing on Saturday. My little sis is a fantastic artist and very versatile (she got ALL the talent - both of our parents were artists). She is so excited and has been working so hard, I don't want to disappoint her.
Aloha to all and mahalo,
Anne

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:59 am

Hi Anne
Sorry you are not seeing improvement yet and i hope you start to feel better soon.It's a good thing that you are going to yor sister's show , you will have fun and keeps you distracted from your GI problems.I'm sure you will be ok , but take it easy with the sweet treats as it tends to bring symptomes back to almost all of us.

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:53 am

Hi Anne - So sorry you are having issues. It is probably some sort of virus, as after 3 years, it would be unlikely to be c-diff. But, I can totally understand that the fear of c-diff returns as soon as we get any weird bowel episodes. It really stinks that we all have to live with this fear, no matter how far we are out from being cured. Sending you well wishes, and hopefully things will be better today. And, enjoy your sister's show! Things will most likely calm down for you and you will feel better.

Lisa

NikaNik
Long Time Contributor

Postby NikaNik » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:30 pm

Hi, Anne!

So sorry you're dealing with this. You're such a great support to everyone on here and have talked me down from the ledge many times! : ) Will pray things firm up ASAP and you can enjoy your sister's art show. Sending you blessings!

Nikki

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:05 pm

I ditto Nikki - you provide so much support to so many on this site, including myself. Just wanted to say thank you as well. I hope you are starting to feel better.

justme
Long Time Contributor

Postby justme » Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:21 pm

THANK YOU EVERYONE!! You've all been so supportive and I am so glad I've been able to help you too. Today, no D (took Pepto JIC). I think I cleaned out last night, but I definitely have some kind of a bug. Today, my stomach is uneasy and I have to force myself to eat. I called my sister and told her I wasn't going to make her show this Saturday. She just had gastric bypass 6 weeks ago and any kind of a stomach or intestinal bug would be very very bad for her to get right now. I don't want to take any chances with her health (and neither does she). Tomorrow is the reception and first day of the show, which will run all month. We arranged to meet the following Saturday, see the show and have lunch. She is showing with several other artists and each will be showing 15 works. They are all for sale and I'm hoping she sells out. I have a lot of her work and have seen the progress over the years. I'm very very proud of her.
Aloha nui loa to all,
Anne

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:40 pm

That is such an accomplishment for your sister! I'm sure you are very proud. At least the show is running all month, so you can see it next week. I'm glad that the D has stopped for you! That's a good thing. You must have caught some sort of stomach bug. I always lose my appetite after I have any episodes of D from IBS or a virus. Sometimes it takes a few days to get back to normal.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:15 pm

Justme,
So sorry. Maybe you will feel good enough tomorrow to attend briefly. I know you don't want to expose her.

The only thing some of us can count on with c diff is not to count on anything.

Still no luck with Alvin. I think he enjoys ignoring me but now I am pi.ed.

Again so sorry.

justme
Long Time Contributor

Postby justme » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:32 pm

Thanks Bobbie: I spoke to my sister and she'd rather not chance my coming. She's having a lot of trouble healing from the surgery. She's not in good health - very overweight, survived 3 heart attacks, asthma, and is diabetic (and in her late 60's). I would feel terrible if I compromised her recovery. We'll see the show next week and do lunch. As for Alvin - don't worry - no biggie. Hope all is well with you. How's the house hunting?
Aloha,
Anne

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:55 am

So sorry you are not feeling well....there is a flu going around. I am sure your sister appreciates how thoughtful you are wanting to be there....

Hope you are feeling well soon!

justme
Long Time Contributor

Postby justme » Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:06 am

It was 40 hours of hell on a toilet seat- well not the whole time, but back and forth. I feel much better tonight. It's obviously a nasty intestinal virus going around. Glad to be back to normal.
Aloha to all and thank you for our support,
Anne

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:41 am

So glad you are feeling better Anne! Have fun at your sister's show.

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”