The Big "WD"

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
getwellsoon
Long Time Contributor

Re: The Big "WD"

Postby getwellsoon » Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:35 am

Anne, glad you are better. I also had the big D Friday and yesterday was sick. I also am feeling some better. I hope you have a great time when you finally can get together with your sister and I hope she sells out. Good luck.
CAROL

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:31 pm

I am so glad you are feeling better, Anne! That is great news! These stomach viruses can be brutal, and with us, the fear of c diff is always in the back of our minds.

Glad you are back to normal.
Lisa

jds0870
Regular Contributor

Postby jds0870 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:57 pm

So happy you are feeling better Anne!

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:11 am

Glad you are feeling better. Ask your sister to take pix of her art show.

justme
Long Time Contributor

Postby justme » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:12 pm

Hi Everybody: I'm still not completely over this weird intestinal/stomach virus. It's been one week and I'm still having issues. The WD only lasted one day, but discomfort from a lot of gas and bloating has been pretty constant every day. I thought it was acid reflux, but it doesn't present the same way. There is a bit of nausea in the morning after breakfast, lunch seems to resolve the nausea, but eating creates LOTS of gas and nights are painful until elimination (Gas-Ex has become a dear friend). I drink tons of water to try and keep everything moving. It isn't debilitating, but it has put my system out of balance. After nearly 3 years out from C. Diff, my digestive system was finally normalizing and I've been able to eat most everything but spicy food, however, I have gone back on a bland diet for now. Hopefully, it will eventually stop "bugging" me and I can get back to "my" normal. Do any of these symptoms sound familiar to anyone? Thanks for letting me whine a bit.
Aloha,
Anne

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:29 pm

Sorry that things are not back to normal yet. Nausea is always an issue with me whenever I have anything going on with my stomach. With my bouts of IBS, nausea is usually the symptom that lasts the longest for me. I had a stomach virus last year, and it took a while for everything to calm down after. I never vomited, but it started off with the watery D as well. I ate bland for a couple of weeks if I remember correctly. Maybe once your system goes through trauma such as c-diff, it takes longer to rebound from viruses. I hope you see some improvement soon, Anne!

Lisa

justme
Long Time Contributor

Postby justme » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:28 pm

Lisa: Thanks for your input. That sounds exactly like this bug. I'm eating bland until it calms down. Hopefully, I'll be back to normal for the holiday. C. Diff does tend to make our systems more sensitive to digestive illnesses. Actually, it makes sense that it would.
Aloha,
Anne

getwellsoon
Long Time Contributor

Postby getwellsoon » Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:00 am

Anne, I still suffer with nausea on and off. Now after a 3 years of mushy, gassy stools I have become C of all things, which is so uncomfortable also. Every time I get a stomach bug it takes me twice as long to recover as anyone else. I think we have suffered some damage to the gut flora and it will never work as well as when we were younger. I hope this episode gets better soon. I'm so sick of worrying about my bowels. I had to take Macrobid a few months ago and it doesn't affect most of us but naturally it made me ill. I'm still not right but waiting for surgery and hopefully can get back to feeling some better. My prayers to you and all of us who suffer so much after this horrible illness.
CAROL

justme
Long Time Contributor

Postby justme » Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:55 pm

Carol: What type of surgery are you going to have? I hope everything turns out okay. Anytime you have surgery, recovery is always a big issue. For those of us in the "elderly" category, our bodies just don't bounce back like they do when one is younger. I'm having the nausea again so I cancelled a nail appointment. I have no idea where I might have picked this up, but germs are everywhere, so who knows. My husband hasn't gotten it (he thinks he had it about 6 months ago). C. Diff does make us more sensitive to anything gastric related and age just exacerbates it. And, it does suck to get older, but still better than the alternative.
Aloha to all,
Anne

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:56 pm

Anne - Sounds like what I had in May. It took me a while too. If I get D, I get days and days of lots of gas and bloating. I think the more liquid stool irritates the lining of the intestines. At least that is what it seems like. Hope you are back to feeling well soon. I remember taking Pepto off and on until I felt better.

getwellsoon
Long Time Contributor

Postby getwellsoon » Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:06 am

Anne, I have to have spinal surgery and after it will require extensive PT so since I am not feeling well have been putting it off. I hope you are feeling better this weekend and can shake off the bug. Prayers for you.
CAROL

justme
Long Time Contributor

Postby justme » Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:41 pm

Carol: Spinal surgery? That sounds scary. I hope you start feeling better and can face the surgery when you feel healthy enough.
Beth: I took Pepto also and it helped. I think you are right about the WD and irritation of the bowel lining - makes sense.
Thank you again to all of my friends on this site. It's nice to have a group of fellow sufferers who understand the ups and downs to living with the specter of this disease. I guess we all just have to be thankful we are still here to complain about it and give each other support.
Aloha nui loa,
Anne

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:05 am

Misery loves company - so true. No one really understands unless they have the same experience.

justme
Long Time Contributor

Postby justme » Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:36 pm

Just an update to all my friends out there: I went to see my sister's art show (it was miniatures) with about 20 artists participating. She didn't win anything and I was surprised, but her style (stylized realism) is not currently popular in the art world evidently. Of course, I'm partial, but I think she's a terrific artist. I would take a photo of a painting she gave me for Xmas, but I don't know how to post it on here. As for the virus - still nauseated somewhat after breakfast (chewing ginger candy for relief), but not the rest of the day. It's been quite awhile, but it's taking longer to get rid of the remnants of this bug. I hope everyone's Thanksgiving was great and you could all enjoy the treats without too much ill effect.
Aloha,
Anne

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:42 pm

Glad you went to her show. Glad you,are feeling better.

Try Sea Bands for nausea. They worked for me. NanciT recommended them. I had nausea,from meds when I broke my elbow.

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”