I'm heartbroken

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
jds0870
Regular Contributor

Re: I'm heartbroken

Postby jds0870 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:03 pm

Georgina I'm sorry that you are positive again! I'm praying for you to get relief from this horrible disease!! Hugs

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:02 am

Well i am positive but with minor symptomes : 1-2 mushy stools a day , minor cramping in the mornin before i go to the toilet so it's not too bad.Tomorow i'm going to see my doctor , it's a 4 hours drive,hope i'll make it there with no incidents.I'm going to have some tests there and to see what is my next treatement option although he said something about a fecal naso-gastric infusion.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:30 am

Georgina - I tested positive last year in Dec after having negative tests for 4 years. Like you, I did not have classic symptoms and my doctor told me not to treat with antibiotics. If needed, I could take Pepto Bismol. I did 3 home FMT enemas, but still tested positive after then (about 10 days later). I decided not to do anything more and it cleared up. I tested in March or April and the test was negative, although I did get some kind of intestinal virus in May, but was still negative. Maybe your ID is giving you good advice about waiting to treat.

Dificid does have a program that gives the medication at low cost, but I don't know if it works overseas. Probably not.

I had an ng transfer when I first got c difficile and it did not work for me. I relapsed and had to do a colonoscopy transfer. Have you considered doing FMT enemas yourself with guidance from your doctor? I would ask about it. I got a terrible case of SIBO and it could very well have been from the NG transfer because the bacteria that is in the colon is supposedly not the same as in the small intestine and by putting it into there, it caused an overgrowth of bacteria and gave me terrible symptoms - worse than the c diff. That is not to say that it would do that for you, but I would discuss it with the doctor.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:24 am

I know that i am breaking the rules by posting twice today but i had to reply Beth.
Beth-I actually did 20 home enemas but didn't work.Here we don't have many options for the fecal transplant , there aren't many places where you can get one.My doctor only does naso-gastric infusions so i'm praying that they work.If that won't work i will schedule an appointment with the GI that does FMT by colonoscopy but he is very busy and can make appointments after 2 or 3 months.But for now , no decision has been made.There has to be an end to all this c..p!
Hugs to all!

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:22 pm

Good luck with the procedure. Let us know how it goes.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:39 pm

I am so sorry to read this Georgina, I also wonder if there is any way to contact the makers of Dificid. They have a site and it may be worth a try contacting them and letting them know your situation.

I feel those of us in Healthcare can have a far more difficult time overcoming this, Dificid worked for me.

Sending my Best to you............

NanciT

notheidi
Regular Contributor

Postby notheidi » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:43 pm

(((Georgina)))

Thinking of you. Feel better soon.
2010 mod/sev w/leukocytosis, cefdenir-sinus inf, metro rx'd wrong, resurged during tx. recovered w/dose change, lost 40 lbs. 2015 mod recur fr SNF, no abx, resolved w/vanco. 7/2022 mod recur, community acq, no abx, intermittent prodrome but didn't realize

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”