When it rains, it pours...

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
sevla
Regular Contributor

When it rains, it pours...

Postby sevla » Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:42 pm

Hi everyone,
Just a little venting sessions. It has been 26 days since my FMT..lots of up amd downs which included a cdiff test after 10 days - it came back negative. However, the number of bowel movements have been all over the place. On average 3-4 times a day, yesterday 6, today 5. Tomorrow unknown. I have not tested again as the stools are all formed. They actually look "nice" these last few days (hopefully I am not jinxing myself by saying this..). Has anyone had this high frequency? I have had a lot of stress at work, and I know from pre-cdiff and this increased frequency of BMs.

On top of it I am super worried about my skin and the rash I havebehind my ears since cdiff. I have been trying to use steroid cream for more than 2-3 days, but I think I will have to use it for a few more days as it keeps coming back. The rash has little pimples so I panick at the tought of one of it turning into a boil (antibiotics for staph is how it all started for me).

And I have a dentist appointment this Thursday - just the thought of it makes my heart race and body feel totally in extreme anxiety, which is not helpful for bowels again..tooth work that I need to have done (make the mold for final crown) is on the same side has where the rash is more inflammed, so I am double as afraid as I don't want the lymph nodes to get swollen, cause infection and have a boil, etc. I feel like I am dummed either way.

On a positive note, I have been feeling more energy since starting to take vitamin B12.

Sorry for the venting session.. It's just too much.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: When it rains, it pours...

Postby beth22 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:59 pm

Do you take probiotics? They give some people (like me) frequency.

sevla
Regular Contributor

Postby sevla » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:30 am

At the moment I a just taking Florastor and Kefir. Well, I am eating lots of Kimchi as well.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:42 am

Florastor was actually the worst for me in terms of giving me IBS and gas, but everyone is different. Kefir can also cause frequency. You may be perfectly ok in terms of c diff after the FMT, but the supplements are causing this. Unless it is uncomfortable, I would not worry about it. Florastor did give me a rash with little tiny pimple type things, not dissimilar to what you described behind your ears. I got it on the sides of my knees and thigh. Not saying that it is causing yours, but something to consider.

sevla
Regular Contributor

Postby sevla » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:22 am

That's so interesting Beth! I am too afraid of stopping Florastor though, but I really am puzzled by this rash.. My IM doctor says that it will go away after bowels are detoxed frombad bacteria and my hormones are stabilized (I currently am estrogen predominant). I am not sure what to believe anymore. He wants to do a Genova test but Ihave been pushing it out as I am really not lookimg forward to stool collection for 3 days....

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”