Doctor shortages?

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
mogran
New User

Doctor shortages?

Postby mogran » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:32 pm

I am beginning to think that what some of us are experiencing with doctors and NP is the fact that they are truly overloaded with patients. Also, the fact that we not longer have private practice doctors.

I would give anything to find a doctor that had their own practice and had decided to not be part of an HMO. The day that my family was forced to go with a HMO was the day I lost my favorite doctor in my town. He was one of the best diagnostician I have ever had. He was also a teacher at the university med school.

When I have to go to the clinic I am amazed at how many people are waiting and also how overloaded the NP is. I have learned to really speak out and will not take their flip answers without a rebuttal.

roy
Administrator

Re: Doctor shortages?

Postby roy » Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:42 pm

Same in the UK!
Drs look about 17 years old!
At least we dont have to pay.
Unless we want to see a "decent" doctor who is old enough to shave!

kriscat
New User

Postby kriscat » Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:51 pm

And they treat you from the drop down menu! How scary is that? It's a rare treat for me to see my trusted and wise Dr.

mogran
New User

Postby mogran » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:31 pm

Is it because we have allowed big government to take over?

The doctor that delivered my children was in business with his father. He sat at the bedside and held my hand when I was stressed and talked me through the entire delivery. Wonder if whomever shows up now would be willing or able to do.

I have a chiropractor who is in private practice. Have been with him for almost 20 years. He doesn't take insurance or medicare but charges us seniors only $25 per session. He cares about us.

justme
Long Time Contributor

Postby justme » Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:18 pm

Aha! Someone finally addressed the elephant in the room - ACA. Yep, now we are all being treated like our Vets have been for years. Hold on everybody, it isn't going to get better!

notheidi
Regular Contributor

Postby notheidi » Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:58 pm

Yes it's because medicine is big business. Doctors can't practice the way they like to anymore. They have to justify everything they do.

As usual, Roy, lol! Reverse ageism. I'm with you...why are all the professionals getting younger, except for me? :P
2010 mod/sev w/leukocytosis, cefdenir-sinus inf, metro rx'd wrong, resurged during tx. recovered w/dose change, lost 40 lbs. 2015 mod recur fr SNF, no abx, resolved w/vanco. 7/2022 mod recur, community acq, no abx, intermittent prodrome but didn't realize

Private
New User

Postby Private » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:35 pm

I think having an HMO and my doctor never being available led to my c diff. All of the other doctors I saw just shoved antibiotics at me.

mogran
New User

Postby mogran » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:21 pm

Private wrote:
> I think having an HMO and my doctor never being available led to my c diff.
> All of the other doctors I saw just shoved antibiotics at me.

Most of the clinics use nurse practitioners so that we only get to see the physicians when it is serious enough to do so. Yes, push the antibiotics is the name of the game and it almost killed me.

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”