Letting frustration out...

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Letting frustration out...

Postby beth22 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:23 pm

Don't give up. If you have to get more than one FMT, then that is what you will have to do. I did and so have a few others.

sevla
Regular Contributor

Postby sevla » Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:41 pm

Thank you Jennie, Bobbie and Beth. Unfortunately we all know too well the anguish that cdiff can put into our lives.
Thank you for "listening" to my frusttations and trying to help.

My GI doc got back to me and said I could start Dificid or Vanco and get a second fmt next week or early the following week. I replied back to him that I would rather wait for results to come back on Tuesday before taking anything. He must be thinking "if you felt really sick you would take it for sure". However I really don't want to start more pills before getting test results (even if I am almos positive it's back).

Integrative medicine doctor - with whom I have a membership and can contact him 24/7, told me that it is not worth starting Dificid because it proved that it does not work for me (as I was 50 days on it and had D and cdiff smell coming back right before fmt and if test comes back positive it also means that long course did not help). He makes me feel even less hopeful! I mean to think that Dificid does not help me anymore when it's the best drug out there? Depressing..I don't know what to think of his ideas at times.

Jeannie, I so hope that we both just have IBS. We are now in a stage where we will analyze every bowel movement for the next many weeks.. I just hope that we will get out of this soon. Hang in there!

sevla
Regular Contributor

Postby sevla » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:10 am

PCR test and EIA test came back negative! I guess I dodged the bullet for now.
Day 12 post FMT, 68 more to go to be considered "cured" in medical terms.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

NikaNik
Long Time Contributor

Postby NikaNik » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:48 am

Hooray, Sevla! This news made my morning! So very happy for you. : )

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:49 am

Sevla - That is awesome news! That has got to be a relief for you. I guess all of this weirdness is just part of the healing process. Keep positive girl. You will get better and better.

sevla
Regular Contributor

Postby sevla » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:26 pm

Thanks Lisa and Nikanik! So hard to be convinced that I could be on the path of recovery! It feels good as long as it lasts :-)

Dobies#1
Long Time Contributor

Postby Dobies#1 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:37 pm

Yay Sevla! What a relief! I have been reading your updates but have been crazy busy so haven't posted much lately. I didn't forget about you dear! I'm still praying! Keep us posted. HUGS!!!

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:42 am

Yes, good news. Maybe keep a food diary and see if you find particular foods that give you more problems than others. I got a lot of food intolerances, as I have stated before. Lots of people do.

kwiatek7
Regular User

Postby kwiatek7 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:48 pm

Sevla, great news so happy to hear that!!! You’re on your way to recovery which will take time but each month that will pass by it will get better. The worse is behind you and now you know you are clear of C-Diff and what you’re dealing with are post side effects of this monster. I agree with Beth, keep a food diary as this will extremely help you, it helped me. Are you taking any good probiotics as that will also help?

I have been C-diff free for almost a year and I still have good and bad days. I catch myself examining my BMs which people that never had c-diff would not understand and would find this weird but they have no idea what we went/go through! My IBS flares up at times and the more I stress and worry the worse my gut responds but we live in this world where we can’t run away from unpleasant situations. It helps to know you’re not alone and there is this wonderful forum where people can listen and help. Wish you all the best! Hang in there 

Agnes

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:20 pm

Great News Sevla! On the road to recovery......it can be and up and down thing but it's a great feeling getting that negative test back!!

sevla
Regular Contributor

Postby sevla » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:47 pm

Thank you so much everyone! I am so fortunate to have your support through this journey. I know how it feels when others share that their test results are negative - it feels so good for them, right? We all now how torturous and hard this fight can be, so when someone gets a negative test it's a reason to celebrate that moment.

I am trying to get less paranoid about the off days and just stay hopeful that this is just the beginning of a long recovery. I will get some dental work done next week (do the mold for the final crown - I have had the temporary for too long and fear infection). So that is another milestone ahead and hoping for no infection!

I will keep a food diary for sure. For now I decided to eat the same thing almost every day! Not ideal, but it makes me feel more comfortable these first few weeks. However, I did try Kimchi 2 days ago and did fine on it! So now I eat it with every meal - not only is a natural way of getting more probiotics, but it also adds flavour to the boring food!

Thank you all again!

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”