Angry

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
susant
Regular Contributor

Angry

Postby susant » Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:14 pm

I just want to vent. I went to a physicians assistant at the gi here where I live outside Nashville. She came in and automatically rudely said I tried to tell you last year that you have ibs and I'm not running any tests on you unless it's a colonoscopy. I left there in tears. I told her or my c section two weeks ago. She did not care. She said you don't have cdiff your test was negative. I understand that but I know there are tons of less invasive tests that can be done. I'm very anemic following my section and don't feel like an invasive procedure is wise at this time. Luckily I have an appt with a gi in Nashville next Friday. Glad I didn't cancel that. I'm just so frustrated and worried right now. Way too much to deal with...

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Re: Angry

Postby Lisa33 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:17 pm

That gets me so mad. These medical professionals have no right speaking to you that way. Don't go back to her ever again! I hope the GI next week is a good one and can guide you in the right direction. All we really want as patients is to have a doctor really listen to our stories and what we are feeling, and guide us in the right direction. They get paid a lot of money, and the least they can do is make us feel like we are being appropriately cared for. Stories like this really get me twisted.

I also think that a colonoscopy right now is probably not the right way to go considering all you have been through, especially after a C-section.

Hang in there Susan. Sending well wishes your way.

Lisa

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:04 pm

Susan

I am so happy you kept that appointment next week. It is clear the PA does not understand and has little compassion. So sorry you had to go through that. I would not return to that GI and I am hoping the new one is great! I changed mine a few times through this process do to the same thing.
Please let us know how the appt goes!

Tonja13
Regular Contributor

Postby Tonja13 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:36 pm

OMG SUSAN!!! *Q#Y%Q!!!!

INFURIATING!!! I totally understand...I have been treated this way MANY times in doctor's offices. Screw that B#*$&, if you don't mind me saying so. You are the patient and you have rights...YOU have the right to refuse medical care and tests--NOT THEM. The nerve! Doctor's have forgotten that we are PAYING them. I think a lot of us here have learned these lessons the hard way (CDI) as well. Hopefully the GI will be cut from a different cloth.

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”