Grumble about a grumble

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
notheidi
Regular Contributor

Grumble about a grumble

Postby notheidi » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:28 pm

Yep. This is a grumble about a grumble! I am grumbling because I've been having lots of digestive grumbling and activity. I don't like it. It makes me nervous...this is how the c diff started. I think I'm just under a month out from when I finished the vanco.

I have eaten a lot of sugary foods the past few days, so that's probably a contributing, if not causative, factor. I took out the big guns in response (VSL # 3, and had one, which I don't tolerate that well), plus some florastor and a little kefir.

And maybe all the excitement too. I'm going to LA to see family Monday thru Thurs, then I'm moving on Saturday. I got my vacation thru Priceline (mistake: they changed the flight from 8 am to 6 am! So I have to get up at o'dawn hundred tomorrow to catch the flight).

Anyway, it will be really nice to get out of town. Can't remember the last time I flew anywhere.
2010 mod/sev w/leukocytosis, cefdenir-sinus inf, metro rx'd wrong, resurged during tx. recovered w/dose change, lost 40 lbs. 2015 mod recur fr SNF, no abx, resolved w/vanco. 7/2022 mod recur, community acq, no abx, intermittent prodrome but didn't realize

NikaNik
Long Time Contributor

Re: Grumble about a grumble

Postby NikaNik » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:35 pm

Hi, there!

I, too, hate the grumbles. I'm almost four months off a Dificid taper and still get them sometimes. Annoying! I've found they are either from new food, stress, too many probiotics, or just no reason at all lol. When I ignore them I feel better (I know it's hard) and find they dissipate.

You have lots of stuff going on with the move and the trip (I love LA! Have so much fun!) so focus on all that happiness as much as you can. Almost a month out is great progress! You keep on keeping on, girl. You'll get there.

Hugs and blessings,
Nikki

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:59 am

When I eat more sugar, I get the grumbling too. Too many probiotics as well. I would not worry too much about it. Cut back on the sugar and eat a bland diet for a day or two and it should help. Sometimes a little Pepto Bismol helps too, if there is looser stool, but otherwise I don't take it because I don't want C either.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:57 pm

The grumbles are common after c diff - or any c diff upset. Try to ignore. Eating small meals regularly might help.

Stress can also aggravate this as the other posters pointed out. A trip, a new house - equals stress. Pat yourself on the back for all you have accomplished - while you were ill. Enjoy LA.

Jackie25
Regular Contributor

Postby Jackie25 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:31 pm

Like the others, I get the grumbles sometimes too! Of course they can be frightening and cause anxiety, but I find that if I ignore them they usually go away on their own :) sometimes it's from what I ate, other times I can't pinpoint what it's from lol

Have fun on your trip! I've never been to LA but have its fun!

notheidi
Regular Contributor

Postby notheidi » Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:04 am

Thanks, I appreciate all the reassurance and encouragement!!!

It did indeed dissipate. Not sure if it was decrease in sugar or time...probably both.

Recovery process is so weird. I know of no other illness with such similar illness and recovery symptoms!

Thankful to be doing ok right now.

Next project: decrease A1C...in prediabetes range. : - /. So dietary changes will be good for both.
2010 mod/sev w/leukocytosis, cefdenir-sinus inf, metro rx'd wrong, resurged during tx. recovered w/dose change, lost 40 lbs. 2015 mod recur fr SNF, no abx, resolved w/vanco. 7/2022 mod recur, community acq, no abx, intermittent prodrome but didn't realize

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”