Just a vent! Weight loss

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
Tre16
New User

Just a vent! Weight loss

Postby Tre16 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:55 am

Soo...does anyone else have those people that tell them how jealous they are that you're losing all this weight?! I don't know if that is just my crazy weight obsessed family, but I keep getting "what do weigh now ??" (Asked with excitement, not concern, lol) "wow! Now you just need to keep it off !" Or this.."I always like when I get diarrhea because my stomach gets so flat"....NOO!! I tell them TRUST ME you do not want to lose weight like this!! I would have much rather gained all the weight I lost than have this awful thing!

NikaNik
Long Time Contributor

Re: Just a vent! Weight loss

Postby NikaNik » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:04 pm

Hi, Tre!

Ugh - I HATE this, too. I am a tiny tot - just 5'3 and 112 pounds before c diff (one of those lucky ones who ate anything and everything/had guts of steel and found it hard to gain weight but often got teased for being so thin when I was younger). I lost 12 pounds with c diff and had co-workers say to me, in sad voices, "You've lost weight- I can tell." I felt like saying, "Well, thank you Sherlock Holmes! Like I didn't know! Why don't you try getting a superbug and see how you do?" lol But of course I know that they were just concerned and didn't realize how sad it made me. I had others say, "Oh, maybe I should get c diff maybe then I would lose some weight!" WHAT THE WHAT? No. Just no.

I've gained a little over three pounds back and hope to get up to 115/120 to have some "safety weight"!

Yep - totally feel you on this. : )

Nikki

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:57 pm

Oh yes, Tre! This is very annoying to me as well. I lost 15 lbs, and got those same ridiculous comments! I haven't been able to gain anything back, and now I hear, "you really need to put some weight on." You just can't win. Some people just don't understand how awful it is to have had to go through this awful illness. I dropped the 15 lbs in a real short period of time. It makes you feel deathly ill to drop weight that quickly. Now that I eat better and stay away from sugary sweets, I just can't gain the weight back. It's not like I'm doing it on purpose. Now, I'm all fired up too! ;-) I usually say back, "well try going D twenty plus times a day, for several days in a row, with extreme nausea, without an appetite or able to eat, and then talk to me." But I say it way more explicitly! LOL

I totally get it!

Lisa

Misscshell24
Long Time Contributor

Postby Misscshell24 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:26 pm

I'm 5'9" and lost 50lbs when I didn't have weight to lose. I got down to 115lbs and looked very unhealthy because I was. So I didn't have people telling me this then, but I've since gained back 30+lbs. when people see me eating my bland, boring diet, I get "no wonder you're so skinny." Definitely frustrating and I can relate.
Michelle

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:48 pm

I lost 20 lbs the first time - and gained it all back eventually. I made sure I ate 3 times a day and also drank two cans of Ensure Plus. See CDI - Nutrition.

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”