pi**ed at c diff

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
tonia
Regular Contributor

pi**ed at c diff

Postby tonia » Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:00 pm

Heya, so, gotta go to this get together thing with my husband tonight. What should be a good time out of the house is causing me to be in tears. The food that is being served is pizza, popcorn, veggie tray, fruit tray, ice cream, buffalo wings, enchiladas etc. How on earth am i supposed to eat anything? At this point, i just do not even want to go. Told hubby that and he was very hurt. Guess the best i can do is go and just not have any dinner, but then i am going to be miserable. Just kind of feeling like life is not going to be normal again ever. How do you go about having fun when c diff gut isolates you? Would rather just stay home and cry tonight and scream at the sky ITS NOT FAIR!!

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: pi**ed at c diff

Postby beth22 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:10 pm

That has happened to me many times. Eat something before you go. Then if there is anything at all you can eat, eat it, but have your main meal before getting there. I know it is unfair. I've had it happen at many events like weddings, parties, etc. It is what it is. Hopefully, it will change soon.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:47 pm

After several years of c diff and recording all info for a blind study on Florastor - s boulardii - I decided to eat what I wanted with certain limitations. I am still still careful about dairy products - or take a lactase enzyme - and sugar. It doesn't seem to make much difference. I still have good days and bad days. My last case of c diff we three years ago. Think of all the fun food I would have missed if I were more careful! I also have acid reflux - hiatal hernia - so have to go lightly on acidic food.

This is not medical advice and won't work for some, but it is my way of coping, audit usually works for me.

Don't you love It that your husband was
upset? Poor baby.

No, it isn't fair, but we are stuck with it. You have sounded so much better lately. Hope this is a temporary setback.

Know you like to exercise. On my worst days, I make sure to go to Jazzercise and 20 minutes into the routines I feel better. I forget about my gut.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:58 pm

Tonia

I am sure we all have similar advice but maybe knowing many of us face this issue and you are not alone will help. I also eat before I go, right now after having to take an antibiotic and go back on Vanco I am back to the very bland diet. There have been many events I have gone to and just eat before I go. Do the best you can to enjoy the time, this will pass! It takes time and you will get better!!

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”