Less than 24 hrs off of Vanco and

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
foots
Regular Contributor

Re: Less than 24 hrs off of Vanco and

Postby foots » Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:27 pm

Makes sense b/c I felt acid going up my throat. Thanks, all! Gosh, even the slightest bit of gas or going to the bathroom makes me so nervous abt c-diff.

foots
Regular Contributor

Postby foots » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:48 am

Well, here I am, abt to have a party & I have watery D agn. Lovely. I called the doc. But if he tells me to retest 2 wks after being off Vanco, is there a point?

Amazing how things can change in 1 day!!

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:31 pm

How many times did you have the watery D? Is it frequent and do you feel the urgency to go? Does it seem to be getting worse as time goes on? You can retest 10-14 days, the longer the better after coming off meds.

So sorry this is happening before having a party. I hope it's just an off day.

foots
Regular Contributor

Postby foots » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:01 pm

Thank you. I had it a few times, but then I said a prayer and it stopped. So we'll see what happens tomorrow. Maybe it was an off day. Last time I had it b4 taking the Vanco, it was like 6+ times. I wonder if Kefir might be beneficial. Or maybe just yogurt since my stomach is on edge so much.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:15 pm

Dairy can make things worse for some people. I found that after a few weeks with c diff, I couldn't handle yogurt anymore or even kefir. Try just a small amount to see.

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:00 pm

That's a good sign that it stopped, so maybe it is just an off day. Hopefully tomorrow is a better day. Maybe the anxiety of having a party is adding to the off day too. I know for me that stress or nervousness can trigger IBS. This never happened to me prior to c-diff, but it sure does now! Keep us posted!

Lisa

Jackie25
Regular Contributor

Postby Jackie25 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:00 pm

I'm sorry you are experiencing some unwanted symptoms lately :/ but that could be a good sign that the D stopped! I always say prayer is the best medicine we can get :) it'll do wonders physically and emotionally! I pray this was simply an off day for you and you will see improvement tomorrow!

foots
Regular Contributor

Postby foots » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:34 am

Thank you. Unfortunately, the d returned along w/cramping & nausea. I called out of work & I'm going to try to get to the doc or lab today. This sucks. On top of everything, I have to worry about my job. But I can't go like this. Maybe they will write me out for a while.

I hate to say this, but I am wondering at this point if I am going to die from this. It isn't looking good.

Sorry; just feel discouraged.

sevla
Regular Contributor

Postby sevla » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:30 am

Foots, I am so sorry that you are having all these symptoms. Try to get tested as soon as possible just to know what you are really dealing with. I know it's hard, but try to stay optimistic - you will best this (and maybe it's just a virus). If it would be to be back - talk about Dificid with your doctor.

I know it's hard to have hope. On Monday this week I was ready to give up and throw the towel, but we have to keep fighting thks thing and not let it beat us. Sending positive thoughts your way. Hope you start feeling better soon.

foots
Regular Contributor

Postby foots » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:03 am

Thank you. At the lab now waiting to do the test. Trying not to cry. Will update later.

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:15 am

Foots - you are not going to die from this!!!!!! Don't even think that. If the c-diff is back again, you will look into another treatment plan. There are many on this site who have had a really tough time with relapse after relapse, but did NOT die! They beat it, but it just took more time than the majority of sufferers. You have more options - Dificid and FMT.

As Sevla said, it's very discouraging and you just need to cry it out now, but you will pick back up and knock this thing out!

I will pray for a negative test! Stay strong!
Lisa

foots
Regular Contributor

Postby foots » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:13 pm

Test is positive. Nurse asked a few questions from dr & will get back w/me. I am wondering if they will not give Dificid but rather a Vanco pulse/taper b/c I am breastfeeding.

They refused to do any FMLA paperwork to protect my job and told me to do it through my primary doc. Primary care doc was surprised that they refused.

Meanwhile, to complicate matters, the D has stopped. But that happened yesterday & it came back the next day. I've always had it on & off including occasional fevers, so that's why it took so long to diagnose it.

So we'll see what doc says.

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:53 pm

So sorry for the positive test, Foots. Let us know what the doctor decides to do. Keep your chin up. It's a good thing that the D has stopped again.

foots
Regular Contributor

Postby foots » Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:11 pm

Thanks for all your kindness, everyone. I don't know what to do & neither does he. He sd it could show pos bc of a few spores left & it could be ibs. But the nausea...eh, I feel unwell though the diarrhea is mild now. So he gave the following options: a) flexible sigmoidoscopy (can't do right now w/out paperwork to take off work), b) Vanco pulse/taper, c) probiotics for a week, d) Dificid.

I had no idea what to do, so I did nothing.

NikaNik
Long Time Contributor

Postby NikaNik » Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:36 pm

Hi, foots! So sorry you're dealing with this, and with a little one. My heart goes out to you. If it were me, if you decide to treat, I would go with Dificid. It has a lower relapse rate than Vanco, particularly when used more up front and the newly studied tapered/pulse dosings are showing even higher success (I did a taper of it after relapsing off Flagyl and Vanco). I'm nearly three months into recovery now and doing well. Best of luck, whatever you decide. You'll kick this!

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”