Less than 24 hrs off of Vanco and

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
foots
Regular Contributor

Less than 24 hrs off of Vanco and

Postby foots » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:32 pm

I am crampy again :( It could be woman stuff, but I don't think so. Disappointed :(

getwellsoon
Long Time Contributor

Re: Less than 24 hrs off of Vanco and

Postby getwellsoon » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:11 pm

Don't panic yet. You will have symptoms, you will not get well overnight. YOu could get IBS and those symptoms are so similar to CDiff. As long as you don't get the watery d 3 or more times a day and feel you are really getting ill with fever etc . you are now in the healing phase and it will take time. Hang in there, you will get well. Don't eat any gassy foods and ask Dr. what you can take for the gut gassiness. Let us know how you do and hope you start to feel better today.
CAROL

sevla
Regular Contributor

Postby sevla » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:01 pm

I am so sorry that you are having the cramps foots. I guess it is normal. The 1-2 days I was off Dificid I had the weirdest bowel movements and I even saw a little B in one of them.. I thought I am relapsing right after finishing the meds.. However, I am on day 12 off Dificid!.. Even if today I already went 5 times and had a little M... It is so hard not to worry right after finishing the meds and in the days/initial weeks after.. It is a mind and body game..

Hang in there! The body will start to heal now.

foots
Regular Contributor

Postby foots » Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:14 pm

Thank you. Cramps are gone at the moment.

Jackie25
Regular Contributor

Postby Jackie25 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:29 pm

I agree with the others. I had what you describe off and on for the first month of my recovery after finishing a taper and pulse of vanco. Along with that I would have occasional stomach gurgling, weird all over the place BMs, the number of times I went a day varied as well. There was nothing normal or consistent for quite some time. And it was nerve wracking to say the least-I felt as if I never knew if what I was experiencing was considered normal or was I relapsing? It is normal though to have symptoms during recovery. As the others said, as long as you don't have WD 3+ times a day and are generally feeling well, it could all simply be part of your recovery process. It can seem like a long bumpy road at times, but hang in there and take it one day at a time :) this site and the wonderful people here got me through some tough days filled with anxiety and fear- and some days they still do!

I pray you will continue to heal and see progress in some form each day :)

foots
Regular Contributor

Postby foots » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:08 pm

Thanks, all. No D since the Vanco; only formed stools. But the cramps are hitting me hard today with the side pain and stomach pain that shoots into my legs and back. Everytime I have this, it's from c-diff.

Of course, I am analyzing everything I ate & drank--juice, tomato sauce, vitamin D, Zantac, etc, etc...

I feel that it is back, but it's going to be too early to tell. If it is, I wonder if a pulsed or tapered regimen of Vanco would help more (had 2 rounds of it already) or Dificid?

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:09 am

Some posters were cured with the pulsing or tapering. If it comes back, that would probably be a good thing to do, but give your body a chance to heal. It may not be c diff.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:01 pm

Try a heating pad turned on low.Lie on left side in fetal position with knees curled up to chest. Put heating pad on stomach.

foots
Regular Contributor

Postby foots » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:59 am

Thank you. I'm really scared that it is back b/c one week into the Vanco, all my cramps stopped and I had no problems at all. The day after I finished it, the cramps came back. I have gone to the bathroom twice already today, but so far, not watery D, but loose.

But seeing that testing for a cure now is inaccurate, all I can do is wait, I guess, unless dr says otherwise?

I noticed this happens more when under stress. I wonder if that could be part of it.

Dobies#1
Long Time Contributor

Postby Dobies#1 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:04 am

Foots, stess definitely affects your gut. I'm dealing with an upset stomach myself that started late yesterday. I ate a slice of pizza that was pretty greasy yesterday. I was under a lot of stress over the weekend also and ate things that I probably shouldn't have, like a chili dog and spaghetti and salad, sugary foods, etc. Sometimes it hits me late, like days later, so also take into account what you've eaten the past few days. Stress and different foods can cause diarrhea. Stress increases stomach acid, so it irritates the gut, according to my ID and GI doc's. Hopefully that's all you're dealing with. It's hard to accept that we don't get better soon after treatment like we do with other infections, like a cold or something. Obviously, if you get worse and have C Diff symptoms, such as fever, bloody mucuousy diarrhea, etc, then see a doctor! Hopefully this is just an upset stomach! Keep us posted and hang in there! HUGS!

foots
Regular Contributor

Postby foots » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:52 am

Thank you!! That might be what it is. Hope you feel better also.

foots
Regular Contributor

Postby foots » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:10 am

Ok, now unexplained nausea, but I only went once today & can't go anymore. It was loose but not D.

I drank coffee last night, so I wonder if that could be it. Of course, I am worried abt the nausea. I took a Zantac & can take Zofran if necessary, but would nausea typically be the only symptom if c-diff returned?

Stomach hurts a bit as well.

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:31 am

Hi Foots - I suffered from nausea in the morning for quite some time in early recovery. I am not sure if it had to do with having a nervous stomach. Most of my mornings were hard early on though. I would go several times from loose to sometimes D. For some reason, if I get D or several loose stools, I immediately lose my appetite and get nausea. The one time in recovery that I had an upset stomach and nausea that lasted all day, it turned out to be a stomach bug. I don't think that nausea would be the only symptom if c-diff returned. The frequent watery D is usually what's starts first. That's just my opinion though. Hope you feel better as the day goes on.

Lisa

foots
Regular Contributor

Postby foots » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:13 pm

Thank you; the Zantac cleared it up, thank God!!

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:16 pm

If the Zantac cleared it up, then it was probably acid stomach. My GI told me it can present as nausea too, not just burning.

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”