Less than 24 hrs off of Vanco and

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
Jackie25
Regular Contributor

Re: Less than 24 hrs off of Vanco and

Postby Jackie25 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:17 pm

Sorry to hear your test is positive, I know what that's like. Don't be discouraged, you will knock this out and get well again :) even though it feels as if you never will, that's simply not true. I am on a taper/pulse of vanco now for a relapae I had a month ago caused by the need of Bactrim for a UTI. I will finish my dose in about a week and a half. This is what cured me last time so we are trying it again. However, if for some reason I relapse coming off of this I will be trying a pulse and taper of Dificid. I've read many good things from those who tried this method such as Nikki!

C diff sucks and it's hard at times, but we all know what it's like. We also know you will get well! You caught it before it seems to be too severe so maybe your treatment will allow you to start showing improvement soon! I pray whatever you choose to do works and you can begin to heal! Keep your head up and try and look on the bright side!

foots
Regular Contributor

Postby foots » Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:06 pm

Thanks, all! So has anyone tried just probiotics or Dificid and then Vanco agn? Or once ur at Dificid, do u not go back? I'm doubtful abt the 10 days of that curing me vs a longer course.

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:20 pm

If I had to make the decision I would go with Dificid with a taper.
BUT I would get the meds and keep them in reserve and only start them If the D returns for more than a day or two.
What you describe could still be a part of normal recovery mode.
If you have good insurance it cant hurt to have a c.diff first aid kit ready to hit it hard if it returns.
Some people develop imnmunity to c.diff and thats why a vaccine is possible.
If your body is beating it you might not need the meds.
In fact If your body does beat it you will probably never get it again!

foots
Regular Contributor

Postby foots » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:16 pm

Feel weaker today. Went 3 x but not watery, just small, formed pieces (sorry for tmi). Feel some nausea, can't eat much. Like I have the flu. Foggy-headed, woozy, just unwell.

Dr is leaving it up to me what to do. I ate yogurt last night & today. But it didn't do anything, good or bad.

I would try Dificid, but from what I'm reading on here, side effects are very harsh. It's good-bye to my job if I miss anymore time. Nobody will write any paperwork for me (don't know why??)

I am thinking to say the heck w/anything but my health & take the Dificid. Or the Vanco taper. Or only probiotics.

Going on vac in 1 wk. I'm thinking to cancel.

I don't know, if someone feels unwell & yet has mostly formed stools (albeit w/mucus), what is one to do?

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”