Can't seem to win

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
justme
Long Time Contributor

Re: Can't seem to win

Postby justme » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:26 pm

Bea: I'm so glad to hear your UTI is improving. Bobbie mentioned kegels for UTI's. I have a prolapse and with a urethral stricture, I am very prone to UTI's. I find that doing at least 100 kegels per day does help. After BMs in the morning, my colon is very sore and the prolapse presses on it making it feel like a UTI. I lay down on the bed, and with knees bent, press my knees together as I lift my bum and squeeze (like trying to hold urine back) - hold for a 3-5 seconds and release. Try to do 100/day if possible. You can actually do a kegel anytime, anywhere as no one can tell you are doing it.
Take care and good luck,
Anne

seekingcure
Long Time Contributor

Re: Can't seem to win

Postby seekingcure » Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:35 pm

Thank you, Anne. I will try that. I had a cystocele and rectocele repaired when I had my hysterectomy many years ago. I have not been the same since and that's when the UTIs started. I was never bothered with them before that surgery.
Bea

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”