Feel so weak

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
foots
Regular Contributor

Feel so weak

Postby foots » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:15 pm

I'm halfway through a 14-day round of Vanco, 125 mg 4x/day. I feel worse than when I started it. Cramps & gas all the time, running to the bathroom 4+ times/day. Dr is no help, says go to ER. Well, I really can't w/2 kids & no help. Now I have what appears to be pinkeye w/fever & the cramps are worse.

I wish I could stop taking it. I am tired of the cramping & constant, very loose BMs.

Just venting, I guess. Thoughts? 7 more days of this hell seems like too much.

zinnia1
Regular Contributor

Re: Feel so weak

Postby zinnia1 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:34 pm

I am so sorry- I know exactly how you feel- I just finished vanco and I can't tell if I feel the same or worse being on it , or dealing w/the aftermath of the meds. I guess we just have to accept and be patient (ugh) that our gut got hit hard, we then used something harder to fix it, and now we are rebuilding… It is so hard to get thru the day for sure- I have to look back on the last few months and see what I actually accomplished (my daughter's wedding for one thing) cause it feel like I have just been an unproductive bundle of pain! And the rapid weight loss and dehydration doesn't help. It is helpful to have place to vent for sure!

foots
Regular Contributor

Postby foots » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:34 pm

Got lower back & leg pain in addition to the lower abdominal pain. Wonder if I am relapsing while on vanco & if this fever is really related to my stomach.

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:14 pm

So sorry you are feeling this ill, Foots. It's hard to say if your symptoms are from the c-diff, the Vanco or even something else. That is so terrible that your doctor is of no help and says to go to the ER. I feel like you need to get into a good GI or ID doctor to know what's going on. If you are feeling really bad, maybe the ER is actually a good idea. If it were me, I would want to know if something else is going on as well. You said you may have pink eye and a fever. Maybe you caught some other bug on top of the c-diff. Maybe a bloodwork would be helpful too. You need to get answers. The c-diff shouldn't be getting worse on the Vanco. And if you are experiencing severe side effects from the Vanco, I would think they should be addressed by a doctor. That's just my opinion. I feel for you right now. You shouldn't have to suffer like this. It's so hard being so sick and having to take care of children. I pray that things turn around for you soon.

Lisa

kwiatek7
Regular User

Postby kwiatek7 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:26 pm

So sorry you feel so unwell. It could be either the antibiotics or something else; perhaps you caught something?? Antibiotics really do a bad one our immune system and it takes a long time to rebuild it. Every month I been dealing with something and its drives me crazy as each time it reminds me of the first few months that I struggled with C-Diff (I been free for 7 months) and it scares me. It’s a struggle but all I can say is that you will have some good days and bad as well. In regards to antibiotics I have been on them 3 times and it was a struggle each time, I wanted to give up each time but kept fighting because I wanted to destroy C-Diff in my body (I hope you’re on a BRAT diet).

Hope you feel better soon!

Agnes

notheidi
Regular Contributor

Postby notheidi » Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:05 pm

I am so sorry you're going through this!!! It is so awful.

The docs don't usually say go to the ER for no reason, so if yours is telling you to go, I would do it. Can you drop your kids with family or friends, or at worst take them with you? It is hard to depend on others, I know. Also remember, you might not be thinking clearly when you're this sick!

I hear you about the weakness. C diff is absolutely exhausting!

Please take gentle care. It does sound like you need to be seen my friend.
2010 mod/sev w/leukocytosis, cefdenir-sinus inf, metro rx'd wrong, resurged during tx. recovered w/dose change, lost 40 lbs. 2015 mod recur fr SNF, no abx, resolved w/vanco. 7/2022 mod recur, community acq, no abx, intermittent prodrome but didn't realize

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”