About to blow a gasket!!!

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
justme
Long Time Contributor

Re: About to blow a gasket!!!

Postby justme » Sun May 31, 2015 11:05 pm

Agnes: IBS is an a definite issue for me. I used to eat yogurt every day, now it really bothers me. I think it's both the probiotics and the dairy, because even without the dairy, probiotics are problematic (too much good bacteria I guess). Spicy food - forget it. Sweets are iffy - okay if I don't overdue it. My way of handling IBS is just to avoid those things that bother me and stick to what I know my system can handle. Somebody else on here said she didn't really feel normal until 3 years. I don't think that's true for most, but I'm just healing at a slower pace. Age and other issues have a lot to do with that. Keep plugging away and don't let this ruin your life. You'll heal and be able to get back to your state of normal eventually. It will just take time.
Aloha,
Anne

seekingcure
Long Time Contributor

Postby seekingcure » Sun May 31, 2015 11:15 pm

Homemade kefir really helped me with IBS, but it didn't keep me from getting c-diff again, probably due to antibiotics I took earlier this year for UTI.
Bea

kwiatek7
Regular User

Postby kwiatek7 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:17 pm

Hi Anne,
To much good bacteria is bad for us, too little is bad for us; it’s like we can never win. I been trying my best to stick to the same food but I get bored and tired of being questioned by others why I can’t eat this, why not try that, blah blah blah. Thank you for your kind words. You have a great spirit and I am glad you found a way to plug away and try to beat this. I shouldn’t complain as people have worse issues but this C Diff is so time consuming and the road is unclear and unknown. Time of time please hurry up and get us all healthy again!

Bea,
I will look into homemade kefir. Is it easy to make? I am so sorry you got C Diff again, I hope your feeling better as time passes by.

Thanks all,
Agnes

seekingcure
Long Time Contributor

Postby seekingcure » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:38 pm

Agnes, homemade kefir is very, very easy to make, but you have to get kefir grains first. Basically, you just put the kefir grains in a glass jar, add milk and let it sit on the kitchen counter for 24 hours. Then strain the grains out, drink or store that batch in the fridge and start another batch. PM me and I will tell you where I got my grains, if you are interested. Up until I had this sudden relapse/new infection, I was doing the best I had in a long time with my IBS. I would offer to send you some, but since I have c-diff currently, I wouldn't feel comfortable sharing them just in case. I never touch the grains with my hands, but I'd still worry.

Thank you for the kind words, Agnes. I am supposed to have FT Friday, but have developed a bladder infection. If I can't get rid of it by Wednesday morning, I will have to reschedule, so I'm pretty upset.
Bea

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:47 pm

I exercised most of the time I had cdiff - Jazzercise - and it helped me with stress. Everyone is different though. Do what feels right for you.

kwiatek7
Regular User

Postby kwiatek7 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:26 pm

Bobbie,

Thanks for your input.
I love to exercising but I guess I been pushing too hard as every time I do more or new things I feel so sick afterwards and it takes me a few days to bounce back, I don't understand this. Before I got C-Diff I never felt like this and its stinks to feel so crappy after exercising, I hope I will feel like myself sooner than later.

Agnes

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:56 pm

Start again and do easy exercises first. If OK, add other things slowly. Know it is frustrating,

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”