Venting

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
iamsick
Long Time Contributor

Venting

Postby iamsick » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:03 pm

I’m so peed off. Sick of having this illness, sick of cleaning, sick of being afraid, just sick of worry worry worry. I miss my life before this beast. I did not ask for this. If I had been warned/informed by my dr. I would have passed on the Clindamycin. Been going to him for 20 yrs. He knows I don’t like to take meds. I never have asked him nor do I expect to get a RX when I make a visit to the Dr. So why me, why all of us? As you can tell I’m depressed. I feel like my life is over.
My family thinks I’m taking this whole thing way too seriously with the cleaning and precautions. I can’t keep up with them, I bleach wipe and their right behind me touching everything. My husband has continued to share our bed and bath from the beginning. He detest me asking if he washed his hands when he exits the bathroom. My 2 adult children refuse to use bleach in their clothes. Plus I have a 6 yr old granddaughter who touches everything and is a grazer. What to do, what to do. I’m so tired I can’t even think!
Teresa_68

justme
Long Time Contributor

Re: Venting

Postby justme » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:47 pm

Yeah, you are probably over reacting, but we've all been where you are now. What you are going through is perfectly normal. Anxiety seems to be a by-product of this awful disease. This is not an easy disease to contract and isn't passed back and forth like a virus, but saying that isn't going to ease your fears. You may want to ask your doctor for something that could take the edge off your anxiety. Nobody really understands how this disease can affect us mentally until they experience it themselves. As you travel further down the road of recovery, you will feel less anxious and become less obsessed with cleanliness. Try to distract yourself as much as possible - watch a movie or TV show, go for a walk, read a book, exercise, anything that gets you out of yourself. You will get better!
Aloha,
Anne

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:40 pm

My husband shared my bed and bathroom the entire time I had c diff and through my many relapses. He never got it and was a donor for my first FMT. He has had to take antibiotics since then and I have had him test for c diff and it was always negative. As Anne said, it is not that easy to get. You have to not only have the spores, but something that depletes your good flora, like taking antibiotics or having chemotherapy. I never bleached anything in the way of clothes.

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:53 pm

I have been a moderator here for over 7 years.
I don't think anyone has ever posted that they have spread c.diff to a family member!!!
If someone has normal gut flora they can "suck on a c.diff turd" and not come down with this disease!
The cleaning is to protect YOU from reinfection, not to prevent it being passed to your family..

iamsick
Long Time Contributor

Postby iamsick » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:27 pm

I thank God for each and everyone, you all have made me feel better just from your responses. Bless all.
Teresa_68

justme
Long Time Contributor

Postby justme » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:15 pm

Roy - "suck on a C. Diff turd" - that makes me laugh out loud. I was going to say you'd have to lick a doorknob with poop on it, but I like your analogy better. I agree with Beth. My husband and I shared the same bed the whole time and the same toilet (but not at the same time), and he never got it either. I love this site. I've gotten the best advice here (and the most information).
Anne

iamsick
Long Time Contributor

Postby iamsick » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:29 pm

I too found Roy's choice of words very humorous, needed that laugh too! I also meant to add in my message that I'll be turning 60 next week and getting too old for this crap.
Teresa_68

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:43 pm

Welcome to the club. I'm 60. Hate starting those new decades.

iamsick
Long Time Contributor

Postby iamsick » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:05 pm

Thanks Beth. Always wanted to join a club:)
Teresa_68

justme
Long Time Contributor

Postby justme » Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:20 am

Wait until the next one - 70. Oh, its a good one too. I'm 71 and I wake up every day just glad I'm still breathing and able to enjoy my life. To all us old broads = we may not be getting prettier, but we sure are getting wiser (and that's worth at lot more).
Aloha to one and all.
Anne

getwellsoon
Long Time Contributor

Postby getwellsoon » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:17 am

I"m just turned 62 so an old broad also. I never cleaned anything for over 2 months, was too ill to do so and was never told to do so. My husband never caught it either. He has gone on and taken ATX and still doesn't get it. He also has a clindamycin cream for his skin which terrifies me but he is sick of me harping on CDiff etc. etc. Point being it is very hard to catch and the conditions must be perfect to contract it. I must have come in contact with the bacteria and when I was given Clindamycin for a tooth abscess it brought it on. Your family will be fine, just wash those hands and use bleach where you can. Don't obscess about it. Glad you are feeling less anxiety about your family catching it and now hope you feel better soon. Let us know how you do.
CAROL

iamsick
Long Time Contributor

Postby iamsick » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:45 pm

Anne, Carol, thanks for the replies. It's comforting to hear from others that understand. My hubby also gives me the glare when he says I'm harping about c diff. He's a county guy and kinda old school:) Gotta love em.
Teresa_68

seekingcure
Long Time Contributor

Postby seekingcure » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:48 pm

My husband is the same way, tired of hearing about c-diff and rolls his eyes when I have a bad day and think it might be coming back. He was also around me the entire time I had c-diff and has taken antibiotics on several occasions during and since then with no issues of his own. And he's not great about hand-washing. He will carry out the trash and come straight in and start making a sandwich without washing up. Also comes in from shopping and will start eating something he has picked up on the way back. Halfway through the meal, I will think about it and ask him if he washed his hands first. The answer is always no. I'm beginning to wonder if I'm "too clean," lol. I think Roy hit the nail on the head, as long as your gut flora is normal, you just don't catch c-diff.
Bea

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:54 pm

AND gut flora in the general population was more normal before we all became so obsessed about keeping clean.

iamsick
Long Time Contributor

Postby iamsick » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:18 pm

I would have to agree with Roy. I always have been a somewhat germ freak and now my nightmare has come true. I Went to soccer practice this evening with my granddaughter and felt so out of place. Of course I had gloves on:)
Teresa_68

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”