Just so tired.

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
Katokit
Contributor

Just so tired.

Postby Katokit » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:37 am

I find myself going crazy.

I had my baby boy on December 5th, he got his head stuck and I had to have a cesarean. I had been home for five days before I found out I had a uterine infection, where I was prescribed the aweful Clindamycin. About four days into the treatment I developed C. Diff. This went undiagnosed for a month. I was put on flagyle which didnt work and I found myself in the hospital in terrible pain and dehydration. They kept me for eight days on flagyle and vancomycin. I finished the treatment of fourteen days and relapsed after 10. Another round of vanco, and im not feeling better. Im in emergency getting the usual tests. I dont understand why Im still feeling ill. Abdominal pain, fatigue, loss of appetite, good old diarhea. I feel so let down right now. I cant afford any of this. Im on mat leave with no coverage. Im definetly not prepared. Then vanco turns around and may not work. I dont know what to think. Im just not having any luck.

Lets not even discuss the anxiety and depression that squeezed its ugly face into my life. I feel so helpless and my poor baby. Ive not been the mother I wanted to be.

getwellsoon
Long Time Contributor

Re: Just so tired.

Postby getwellsoon » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:15 am

So sorry you are still feeling bad. Dificid might help you, it finally cured me after a year of Cdiff. There is help if you can't afford it, go to their website and sign up or the Dr. can do it for you. You will get well, hang in there and be a great mother. It takes time to get over this and unfortunately Vanco can cause D in itself. I had it along with loose stools for over a year after meds. I am now finally cured of Cdiff and Dificid finally did it. Hope they can help you in the ER. Ask for some meds to help with your symptoms while you fight off the infection. They have nausea meds, pain meds, gas etc. Hope today is better and we are here for you. Let us know how you do.
CAROL

Katokit
Contributor

Postby Katokit » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:25 pm

Well im still feeling super tired and blah. They sent me home after doing an x-ray and blood work, which all looked fine. They sent me home with a test kit. So im just seeing wether ill need to take it again. I took tylenol for pain and had taken pepto wich stopped everything a bit. I feel so sore today...and like I can just sleep all day.

Thank you for the deficid information im going to look it up and mention it to my doctor. Fingers crossed.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:24 pm

Did your doc mention post partum depression? You might have it plus C diff -no wonder with all you have gone through. I would ask for some professional advice.

The best treatment for tiredness is exercise. I know you don't feel like it, but push yourself. Start small - just a walk around the room - and work up, I feel the only thing that saved what was left of my sanity and health was exercise.
I drag myself into Jazzercise 3 or 4 X a day and always feel better when I leave and I am 74 years and have had c diff off and on for many years. If I can do it, you can, too. Also, do something nice for yourself every day - a special cup of tea, buy a new blouse or perfume. Be good to yourself.

See CDI - Surviving C. diff.

Dificid has helped several on this site, and there is also the FMT. See the FMT forum. There are new meds in the pipeline that are promising. With all the increased interest - and $$$ to be made - someday C diff will be a forgotten disease - or at least an easily treated one.

Keep us posted.

Katokit
Contributor

Postby Katokit » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:00 pm

Well I just tested positive for the third time with vancomycin. This makes me really sad =c, Im going to ask my doctor now if I can do the taper method or try dificid. It doesnt seem to matter if I bleach my house or take lots of probiotics. I cant seem to kick the little monster. Going into month 5 of being ill.

seekingcure
Long Time Contributor

Postby seekingcure » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:53 pm

I'm so sorry to hear you are still suffering with this. It took me six months of Vanco to beat it so I can empathize. Are you saying that you are testing positive while still on Vancomycin? What dosage are you on? We have had a few posters who didn't do well on the standard dosage of 125 mg. four times a day and had to increase to 250 mg. four times a day. You might also want to consider FMT since, with three positive tests, you should be able to qualify. See the FMT forum and doctors for information on the procedure and doctors who perform them. As you mentioned, Dificid is another option, but it is very expensive, if that is an issue for you, like it would be for me. There is a program through the manufacturer to get it free or almost free if you qualify. Keep us posted.
Bea

Katokit
Contributor

Postby Katokit » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:49 pm

No, its usually exactly 10 days after vancomycin. I am on 125mg 4x a day and i feel it doesnt kill it. Im gonna print off information and look at it with my doctor. I am close to dr. Louis so im going to talk about that as well. i try not to test so soon after vanco though. I dont want false results. This relapse though im feeling pretty sick. Wow its pretty rough.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:18 pm

I can't imagine going through this with a new baby and my heart goes out to you.

Please do speak with the doctor about Dificid. I was on Vanco for months, a pulse taper and then moved onto DIficid. I ended up doing a taper on that but I am now C Diff free.

Everyone is different but it sounds like you have been on Vanco and failed so either an FMT or DIficid is what you may want to talk to the doctor about.

I hope you feel better very soon!!!

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:06 pm

Kat,
You might try pulsing Vanco - see CDI - Pulsing. It worked for several of our posters including two moderators. If it doesn't work, I agree with NancyT - Dificid or FMT. Try to enjoy the baby. Hope you have family/friends to help.

Katokit
Contributor

Postby Katokit » Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:31 pm

Thanks everyone! I have a follow up with my doctor so im brining the info with me, I did have to start vanco again. I also have a nasty bladder infection.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:57 pm

UTIs can cause you to be tired plus you are a new mother. Make sure doc does a culture and don't take an antibiotic until results are back. Check with doc to make sure OK with him/her.There is an OTC med you can take for pain - turns your urine yellow-orange - AZO. It does NOT cure infections. Ask your doc about it. Most UTIs are caused by E. coli and respond to macrobid- a safe antibiotic for most. Drink lots of water. See CDI - UTIs.

Asked before if you have postpartum depression? You've had a lot of stress. Childbirth problems, new baby, c diff. Too much for one person to handle.

Let us know how the appointment goes.

Katokit
Contributor

Postby Katokit » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:19 pm

I had the culture but im worried the macrobid isnt going 100%. I had to take it for an extra four days, fingers crossed. I hate that I keep getting sick right before holidays. Its hard to get in to the doctor.

I am seeing a counselor in april. Ive never had anxiety attacks before either, so dealing with it all is like whaaats gooing ooon. Im so happy to be a mom but my bodys like nooope.

Ive also been experiencing Dizzyness which is new, I didnt have this the last two c diff episodes, ive been keeping hydrated. Maybe its to much right now.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:50 pm

Think you are overwhelmed - too much at once. Glad you are seeing a counselor.

Do you have friends/family who can watch the baby and go to a movie or shopping with you? Again, try exercise - yoga, walking, aerobics, zumba. Start slowly and work up.

Katokit
Contributor

Postby Katokit » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:25 pm

Yeah, im really thankful grandma takes him for us when I relapse. I wear gloves when taking care of him but its still really scary knowing he might get it. Im definetly overwhelmed I havent been this sick since I was under 10. Its scary knowing I still have it to.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:03 pm

As long as you use good hygiene in taking care of your baby, I doubt he will get C diff. (Washing your hands if the most important thing. Some babies are born with C diff - but never have symptoms - and eventually test negative.

Get out as much as you can. Movies, exercise, shopping. Thank God for Grandma!

You might ask your counselor for anti-anxiety or anti-depressive meds to get you through the worst of this. Many of us have taken them, and there is no shame in needing help and asking for it.

Hang in there. It is spring, and soon you can take your baby for a walk - a boy, right? What is his name?

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”