shopping + crying

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
TheVike
Long Time Contributor

Postby TheVike » Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:30 pm

235 to 175 in less than TWO months from the end of March to the end of May and not until well into June started to gain appetite other than a little food at a time all i ate was activia drink dan active yogurt one a day a banana a day and a apple a day with two or three hot cups of tea now just shy or under one year (March27th) after arthro surgery i KNEW I had it..doc confirmed in hsop 3 days on flagyl and then 7 out of hosp..now 10 months later my appetite is pretty much back to normal I don t eat quite the junk I used to but DO tend to binge sadly I am just back over 200 and am trying not to gain anymore back!

sks001
Regular Contributor

Postby sks001 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:02 am

Wish I was like some of you that had a lot of excess weight. I was supposedly cured in June 07 but lost close to 40 lbs. I only weigh 100 lbs. now and I'm tall - 5'8" - and am so weak and fatigued that I have to take a 2 or 3 hour nap every day which I never did before in my life. I look 15 years older now. Skin is hanging down my legs and my arms look like sticks. My face has drooped badly and my hair has turned gray. Haven't been anywhere except to hospital, ER or dr. office in a year. I'm still nauseous everyday so it's hard to eat much of anything. I have to force myself to gag down toast w/peanut butter, baked or mashed potatoes, a little grilled chicken breast and Dole peaches or pineapple. Surprisingly I can have a few Fritos. Have become llactose intolerant so can't get calories from milk or cheese that I really like. Tried Lactaid milk so I could try to eat cereal but made me more nauseous.

I can't stand yogurt or Ensure. Been drinking Carnation Instant Breakfast Plus (375 calories) that CVS Pharmacy orders for me; and Resource Breeze Juice by the makers of Boost (250 calories) that is only carried by Walgreens on the Internet. They ship it to you free via UPS or you can go into store and order it, pay for it, and it will still be shipped to your home free via UPS. Not helping me gain weight, just keeping me from going below 100 - status quo.

I tried the Primadophilus Reuteri that several people said was the only thing that helped them get their appetite back, but didn't work for me.

I'm like you - just want to cry - so tired of this.

Sandy
Southeast Michigan

Nancy1
Administrator

Postby Nancy1 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:39 pm

Sandy. I am sorry to hear that you are still feeling so nauseous. It sounds awful. What does your doc say about this? Do you take anything for it? If your doc isn't helpful, I'd look for another doc. Also, this site should have info about meds that have helped others with nausea. Good luck.

Christina
Long Time Contributor

Postby Christina » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:53 pm

Sandy, are you taking anything for the nausea? Zofran works great and it doesn't make you as tired as some of the other perscription nausea meds. I use it as needed. Also, Metaclopramide works well and fast but has some side effects you may not be too thrilled about. I use both as needed now but, took both also while I had C-diff.
Also, Pepto Bismol can be used for nausea and it comes in capsules so you don't need to taste it.I also toook that with C-diff as well. Those with C-diff will need to run this by their Dr.'s first, though before doing so.

diane
Long Time Contributor

Postby diane » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:29 pm

Sandy,
has your doctor tested you for anything else? I too lost weight and went to a little girls size 12...everyone asked me if I was aneroxic.. I looked terrible.. but I have to say.. I was tired too and I pushed my self.. you have to.. c diff can and will drain you, you have to fight it and see if there is another option for you... Have you tried acidopholis? you can get it at any pharmacy and it is cheap.. it helps your gut get the good bacteria back.. have you also tried pasta? It has calories and carbs! Please talk to someone and try just to inch out of the house for a walk to the corner and eventually around the block.. it will help you feel and get better.. best of luck to you!

cindym
Long Time Contributor

Postby cindym » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:27 pm

sks001- Nausea has always been my worst symptom even though the p.colitis almost killed me. I can deal with sitting on the toilet but the nausea is a killer! Phenergan and zofran became my best friends. One thing that I see that you are doing that can be adding to your nausea is the acid from the fruit!.......I CAN NOT TOLERATE fruit or fruit juice. The reuteri takes about two weeks (taking 3 per day) to kick in or at least that was my experience. The horrible fatigue you are feeling is also NORMAL and was a horrible problem for me as well until they started me on b12 injections which helped me 75%. Ask your doctor if he could possibly give you shots to build you back up. Meclozamine (which they prescribe for vertigo) also helped me alot. GET OUT OF THE HOUSE-------trust me I know it is hard as I hardly moved out of my house except for doctor appointments for almost 2 years. I wish I had forced myself to get out because once I did I seemed to feel a little better. You have to be careful not to become overwhelmed to the point that you can not think of anything other than cdiff. If you find that you can't it may be that the doctor needs to help you out with an antidepressant for a few weeks to break the cycle. First and foremost............be aggressive and firm with your doctors and MAKE THEM listen to you. Doctors have no clue to the wrath of this disease on our personal lives. Hang in there........after 6 years of dealing with it daily I am still here and determined to conquer this bad boy!
Cindy

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”