Just really sad today...

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
kelizah17
New User

Just really sad today...

Postby kelizah17 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:42 pm

This infection has destroyed so many things right now in my life. I am only 48 years old and at times I feel like I am 90. Before this infection, I was energetic and busy and had a fast paced life. Now, most days I am lucky if I am able to do a few things out of the house without running out of steam. Today I met with my Human Resources person at work and he let me know that they have hired someone for my position, which I totally understand as I provide mental health therapy to children in a school and our agency needs to uphold their contract etc. and of course, clients need care and I am not healing as fast as anticipated. It is just very sad for me today. I am fortunate to work at a place that will find a place for me when I am well, but having to admit defeat at a position that I loved is really challenging. The post C Diff issues for me have been so significant, especially the fatigue and food sensitivities, that I know that I can't in reality go back and work in a germ infested school setting, but nonetheless, I am feeling robbed of my life. I won't stay in my pity party forever, but for tonight, that is where I am.

Bobbie
Administrator

Re: Just really sad today...

Postby Bobbie » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:37 pm

Have your pity party . You deserve it. C diff has robbed many of what our lives could be without it.

See the Chat Forum. It has a similar topic where you can expound on this and get answers from others.

So sorry, but you will eventually recover. Glad you have a job waiting for you, and perhaps you can eventually win your present job back.

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:58 pm

I totally understand how you are feeling, Kelizah. I felt this exact same way a few months back. It will get better, and you will get your life back. It is so frustrating to not be able to live life the way you want to. Recovery is such a long process, and improvement can sometimes be slow. Try to stay positive, but go ahead and have your pity party tonight! It's well deserved. And, with each passing week, hopefully you can say, I'm in a better place than I was a week ago.

Lisa

teresajo103
Regular Contributor

Postby teresajo103 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:11 pm

Kelizah....everyone has those days. I have had several. It doesn't help when it feels like everything you love is falling apart. I will tell you this....we all are here for you. We can identify with exactly how you feel. My heart breaks every time someone has a hurting day. They are close to a cure.....then we are having a party.....with pizza....and cake....and all the other things we can't eat. Hope you feel better real soon....

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:56 am

I totally understand where you are coming from. I work in a school too - I teach, and until this year, I taught full-time. But, talk about germ-infested, last year I got whooping cough from one of my students and I decided to cut down my class load. It is the wisest thing I have done. You will get your strength back and maybe your employer would let you come back on a part-time basis to start until you get stronger. It will get better. I still have plenty of days when I feel sorry for myself, but I'm not getting any younger. I'm older than you and I just want to try to make the most of the time I have left. And yes, I do believe a cure is coming or at least something that will help all of these food intolerances due to flora imbalance, etc. I guess we just have to be patient until then.

getwellsoon
Long Time Contributor

Postby getwellsoon » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:41 am

CDiff finally getting recognized for the devastation and amount of people that actually have it. I saw a big article on it today. The statistics were for 2011, the year I got it. I see a cure on the horizon and I don't think its that far away. Because CDiff causes so much extra $$$ for insurance companies they are probably finally in the push for a cure and big Pharma can get in on the bucks too. Since its a big problem and the U.S. finally sees it I think it won't be long now. Hope you feel better today. We all have pity parties, we are entitled. To go from a perfectly healthy person to a shell of yourself that effects every aspect of your life deserves it and no one understands it except someone who has been through it. Prayers for you to feel better. Now lets all get behind this effort to stamp out CDiff and we won't need pity parties, we'll start the celebrations.
CAROL

kelizah17
New User

Postby kelizah17 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:55 am

Thank you for all your kind words. I am going to take my pity party right now...it is so maddening because I am working SO hard to get better as I know everyone here is as well. I was finally feeling some better last week and thought I would venture out and visit some friends. Their kiddo had a cold and of course, I got it full force and it has basically shot all my energy for the past 6 days. I think the hardest part for me is to have to be sooooo careful about everything...sleep, exercise, food, activity, exposure to germs, one little thing can throw me off for weeks. It is so against my nature of who I am, not that I am a reckless person, but I lived fully and freely...there are days I feel like I am in prison! I know you can all relate. Where is the chat section? It seems I will need it as I navigate having to "let go" of yet another part of my former life.

getwellsoon
Long Time Contributor

Postby getwellsoon » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:36 am

Chat section is at bottom of page under Clostridium Difficile Support Group. Hope you find it and hope you are feeling better today.
CAROL

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”