furious at new doc

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
mjmcgetr
Regular Contributor

furious at new doc

Postby mjmcgetr » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:48 pm

So i went to a new ob today for follow up to make sure uti is gone and she suggested Clyndaimicin cream for a mild bacterial infection that isnt even bothering me and I learned from google is normal after pregancy. Clinda really !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! After knowing my c diff history i refused with a look of disgust !!!!!!!!!!!!! New docotr time I wont even consider working with someone liek this again Sorry sooooo angry !!!!

Misscshell24
Long Time Contributor

Re: furious at new doc

Postby Misscshell24 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:25 pm

The lack of knowledge about c diff amongst some of the medical professionals is really astounding. I had one doc tell me Flagyl was the best and only treatment for c diff and another say nasogastric FMTs was the best and most state of the art way for FMTs and another say they've never heard of one treatment not curing c diff. I could go on and on. At least you know better. Have to be your own health advocate and educate a few docs along the way ;)
Michelle

seekingcure
Long Time Contributor

Postby seekingcure » Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:27 pm

Clindamycin vaginal cream contributed to my c-diff. At the time I didn't realize the danger, but we're paying the doctors to know better. Glad you knew not to accept it.
Bea

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:14 pm

You have a right to be angry. Clindamycin was the first antibiotic implicated in C diff. Surely there is an alternative but sounds as tho you don't need one. So many on this site developed C diff after using it.

Just because a doctor graduated from medical school does not mean he/she graduated in the upper half of the class.

I would write OB a letter beginning, " I am so disappointed in your lack of knowledge about C diff. " She/he probably won't care but it will make you feel better.

Is there a way you can complain - local medical society or head of practice - and lodge a formal complaint? Thank God you are savvy and knew about Clindamycin. Kudos to you. Smart woman.

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”