people just make me furious....

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
teresajo103
Regular Contributor

people just make me furious....

Postby teresajo103 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:08 am

I know that I am writing this because I am mad but it is either write it here or lose my temper at someone that could cause my husband problems at his job. Tonite I asked my husband to take my best friend (she is a police officer and works for my husband) and me out to dinner tonite to celebrate me feeling good. My husband was happy and excited that I even wanted to go. We went to a nice restaurant and it was just the 3 of us. A woman I have known for a long time came up to our table making small talk. After a bit, she looked at me and said I heard through the grapevine that you have been really sick. I said yes...but I am feeling loads better. She said that a woman at the clinic told her that I was horribly contagious. I said really? Someone at the clinic is sharing my health information with you? She said well I think they should share it since you are out in public spreading your germs around. My husband told her that I was no longer contagious and that it would not contaminate anyone unless....a. I did not take hygiene precautions....or b. She played in my poop. She turned around and stomped away. The first time I have gone anywhere....and the witch had to make it uncomfortable for me. I am going to relay this message to my doctor tomorrow at my appt. They don't realize that small town gossip can get them sued.

seekingcure
Long Time Contributor

Re: people just make me furious....

Postby seekingcure » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:21 am

Unbelievable, Teresa. I'm so sorry this witch ruined your night out. And, honestly, the person at the clinic who divulged your personal medical information should not be working there. Has she not ever heard of the HIPAA Laws? I would definitely report this to the doctor.

And the next time you run into someone like her, tell them unless you make them one of Minnie's famous chocolate pies, they are not going to catch c-diff from you.
Bea

teresajo103
Regular Contributor

Postby teresajo103 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:09 am

I am over it now. But I am still going to tell doc what happened. I don't know if someone at the clinic actually told her that or if she heard it and just filled in her own blanks.....but either way someone told her and if it came out of that doctors office they need to know.

Thanks bea .....it did kinda of shock me....but all and all....we had fun. It was sure nice to go and have dinner out for a change. We were checking out....the ticket was 48.15. My husband thought the cashier said 418 dollars.....he said no way....the poor little girl said.....you don't want to pay for your food.....he said well....it was real good but I don't have 418 dollars on me so I guess I have to wash dishes. That poor thing said you can't Mr Gardner we all ready have a dish washer. He had the entire check out area rolling in the floor all because he is a hard of hearing ole goat......lmbo.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:50 am

Please DEFINITELY tell your doctor. With all the privacy regulations and papers one needs to sign when you go to a doctor's office, that is really unheard of and needs to be reported. Honestly, when you call even a billing office, they drill you with all this information to make sure that you are the patient and then someone goes and relays information??? When I used to be a volunteer at the hospital before I had c diff, we had to sign papers that we would not disclose anything that we heard, read or saw. You should tell your doctor who the person was too. I'm glad you got to go out and enjoy yourself. You've been through so much and deserve a nice night out. Wishing you many more.

teresajo103
Regular Contributor

Postby teresajo103 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:34 am

Thanks Beth.....I plan on telling doc exactly who it was. I am not sure who in the clinic it was.....but I am sure it was one of those appt.queens.n one of them called me this afternoon and wanted me to wait until March 4 th to have a urine test done. Good grief.....if it was a uti which according to my azo test strips.....it is not.....you could get really sick before.the 4 th. They give them just enough control to be obnoxious. Usually, by the time you get an appt.....whatever is wrong is well. I do have an appt. For tomorrow....okayed by docs nurse....not the appt queen. Thanks to my husband and best friend...Tonite was priceless.

justme
Long Time Contributor

Postby justme » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:09 am

Unbelievable!! I'm glad your husband told her off. Privacy laws are supposed to apply to medical professionals above all else. Aside from that nasty incident, I hope you enjoyed your night out.
Aloha,
Anne

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:08 am

I agree.What a horrible experience. Report the incident to your doctor. So sorry but glad you were enjoying yourself before Mrs. Nosey appeared.

Dobies#1
Long Time Contributor

Postby Dobies#1 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:30 am

Teresa, you're so right about small town gossip. The whole town knows more about you than your own family at times in towns like that! That's why I didn't do anything too stupid growing up in Stanton. I'm not talking about illness but when we got in trouble our parents would know in no time! But I sure hope it wasn't somekne in the doctor's office who said that! Let us know what happens after you tell your doc. Glad you're feeling better!!! XOXO!!

teresajo103
Regular Contributor

Postby teresajo103 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:10 pm

Well, I am here at the doctors office. Doc hasn'come in, yet urine sample done. Now we just wait. Hope it is clear......yeast infection we can work with ......uti not so much.

teresajo103
Regular Contributor

Postby teresajo103 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:38 pm

I knew doc was not going to be happy.....he just told me that he figured he knew who said it......and that if she did....she will be out of here. I hope he is never that'd mad at me. He is a very calm man but he turned red and ranted about a problem with her in the past. It was as I suspected the appt. Queen. Guess we will see. Thanks everyone for caring about me. Now I am going to go take a snuggle up with my grand baby.
Be

Dobies#1
Long Time Contributor

Postby Dobies#1 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:36 pm

Glad you told him and it's being taken care of!

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:55 pm

You did the right thing by telling him because she puts him in jeopardy of breaking the law as well since she works for him.

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”