BAD DAY TODAY

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
justme
Long Time Contributor

BAD DAY TODAY

Postby justme » Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:08 pm

March 8th will mark my 2nd year of "recovery" from C. Diff. It has been an up and down battle all the way. Sometimes, I feel great like I have this thing beat. Other days, like today, I wonder if my colon is permanently damaged and may never recover. Consuming the right amount of fiber is a balancing act. Even though I haven't been diagnosed, I know I have IBS, but am never quite certain what is causing it. I try to stay away from most trigger foods, but it's still so unpredictable. I also know my age and health issues have an influence on my extended recovery, but it's still depressing. It's difficult to plan because I don't know how I'll feel down the road. But, it's a real plus to have this support group to air my gripes about this awful disease, and I know I'm one of the lucky ones whose still here to be able to b*tch about it.
Aloha,
Anne

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: BAD DAY TODAY

Postby beth22 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:20 pm

I know how you feel. I am having a bad day myself and I've tried just about everything there is to try. May 1 will be 7 years since my diagnosis and it has been a rocky road ever since. Hopefully, one of the new treatments like SER 109 that will be coming out one of these days will put our gut flora back as it should be and we will be better.

getwellsoon
Long Time Contributor

Postby getwellsoon » Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:30 pm

I am coming up on 4 yrs. but unlike you girls I finally seem to be 90% better in the gut dept. Still have issues but nothing like you two and some others. It took 3 yrs. to get to normal stool and then went the opposite and got C. I had many ups and downs. Its very frustrating but I'm with Beth, hopefully there will soon be a cure. I really think they are close. They know so much more about the gut microbiome and how much it affects our health and mental state. I pray for you both and all on here and also that this year is the breakthrough year. If only we could go back in time and never had taken those ATX. I was a healthy 57 yr. old, getting ready to turn 58 and bam, turned into a sickly, depressed, shell of myself. I am not the same person I was, this will wear you down.. Now I"m facing other issues, pain, back, knees, on and on. I hope you both feel better tomorrow. Its so depressing to feel bad all the time. Thinking of you both and all who suffer this awful disease.
CAROL

justme
Long Time Contributor

Postby justme » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:16 pm

Ladies: Thank you so much for your support. It's comforting to know I'm not the only one who is having such a slow recovery. I've been fortunate to bounce back from other major health issues - a cardiac arrest (with a broken rib) in 2007 which left me with significant brain damage and a TIA nearly on my one year C. Diff anniversary, but this has been a much harder ordeal. My brain healed pretty quickly and just affected my ability to multi-task and some short-term memory issues, but my gut has been another story. But, I'm still alive and can enjoy my family and friends. Wishing you both better health in this new year.
Anne

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:01 am

I've had a month of bad days although had been doing well before then. It will be 22 years since my first bout of c diff om March 10. I've had IBS after every treatment - including an FMT. I had on and off IBS between my second bout of C diff in 1999 and my third one in 2011 except for the last two years when I was "normal." Damn frustrating.

Hang in there.

seekingcure
Long Time Contributor

Postby seekingcure » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:21 am

I continue to have my ups and downs as well, over a year out from c-diff meds. Any illness now seems to hit me harder than before c-diff. I don't know if this can be attributed to my immune system being compromised by c-diff or getting older, or both. Now sick with a URI or flu. Have been in bed all day with fever, chills and just generally feeling miserable. Had actually been doing pretty well intestinal wise since taking the Bactrim for the UTI but every illness seems to affect GI tract as well so add me to the list of having a bad day.

Hopefully tomorrow will be better for all of us.
Bea

teresajo103
Regular Contributor

Postby teresajo103 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:56 am

It hasn't been great here either. I don't feel good at all. I don't know if it is something I ate....or if it is something else. I am coming up on a week since my fmt. I just don't feel good. If it can't get any worse I am having uti symptoms and that is all I need right now. I was reading (imagine that) night before last about a new drug for c diff....I can't remember what it was called but it is coming out of phase 3 soon. I want one of those xenex robot things to clean the spores away. They are using it at Fort Bliss and from what I have read they clear away c diff...and several other diseases 95~100%. Sure hope daylight brings everyone back to the feeling better stage. Hugs to you all from Texas.

Dobies#1
Long Time Contributor

Postby Dobies#1 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:58 pm

I'm also frustrated! Friday night I started having mid to lower left abdominal pain close to the navel. It's off and on and feels like a stitch in your side type pain. When it occurs it gets a little worse when I lay on my right side but it hurts more on the left. I have an appointment with my PCP at 3:15 today and I think it's time to demand a scan! I've had numerous urinalysis' and a culture and they've all come back negative. We women have more parts so it's hard to tell what is causing the problem! I don't know if it's bowel related, kidney, ovary, appendix or what! Then there's cancer I have to worry about after having Triple Negative Breast Cancer! UGH!!! I've had no fever as of yet. Don't feel sick to my stomach, no diarrhea, KNOCK ON WOOD, but I'm scared. Even though I had a clean colonoscopy a little over a year ago, I still worry about some sort of IBD, Diverticulitis, etc.! Then I worry if they do find something I'll need surgery and we all know surgery means antibiotics!! Thanks for letting me rant! Praying for everyone.

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”