Don't Ask - MYOB

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
Bobbie
Administrator

Don't Ask - MYOB

Postby Bobbie » Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:23 pm

I am in a lot of activities but occasionally am so sick I can't attend. I also organize several dining out groups - which is a pain in the ass. Last week I had to cancel several activities and got the usual, "Are you sick AGAIN?" look.

I am going to make a sign and hang it around my neck. It will say, "Don't ask. MYOB."

A curse upon those who have never had C. diff. and are so healthy it is disgusting, and a prayer for those of us with C. diff. and its accompanying problems.

I went to Jazzercise today and called the owner later. I told her I had been in Jazzercise 25 years and expected a party. Fat chance!!!! I am the oldest one there and can dance the socks off "the kids."

roy
Administrator

Re: Don't Ask - MYOB

Postby roy » Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:30 pm

Video yourself dancing and put it on YouTube!
Millions of views and the grandkids will dissown you!
Any suggestions for the title of Bobbies video?
I will start with " the c.diff trotts"
Hope that translates to US English;-)))

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:36 pm

My kids will, too. although I think I look pretty snappy. Years ago, I wore a head band and leg warmers - ala Jane Fonda - when they were popular. Stopped when my kids made fun of me.

One gal in Jazzercise said, "We all think you are so cute." I said, "I think you are, too." The elderly should get more respect!!

Our older son is now skiing in France. Rented their house in Bath out. Made the comment, "It's so nice to live where people want to visit."

He has outgrown KC. Turkey!!!! Must look at the will!

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:14 pm

It's nice when our kids make mega$
It means we get a decent rest home!

justme
Long Time Contributor

Postby justme » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:21 pm

I agree wholeheartedly Bobbie. Now, two years into recovery and I still have problems that affect my ability to socialize. People just do not understand how long this damn condition can affect some of us especially those of us in our "golden" years. (Who the heck named it that? It's more like our "rusting" years). I had Jane Fonda's book and album, also wore the tights and leg warmers (but couldn't stand the headband).

My girlfriend and I took a ceramics class at the local community college a few years ago. I am more of an introvert, but she is a total extrovert and entertained the people around us with stories about our younger days when we were part of the dating scene in Honolulu (circa '60s-'70s). They thought we were so cute (add their mental addition of "little old ladies"). It's funny, but I don't think of myself as a "little old lady" except when I look in the mirror.

Anne

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:55 am

My mom used to say the same thing about "the golden years." Now I know what she meant.

On my good days, I still feel 16. I apply makeup quickly so don't linger at the mirror. At Jazzercise, I stand in the second row - for years I was in the back row. When I get the "cute little old lady's" looks from the 20 somethings, I think , " I can dance your socks off, little girls," and I can. Just don't want to break another bone doing it.

I need to drag my novel out and edit it. Love to write! How is your book coming? A mystery, right? So is mine. We can always finish them in the nursing home!

justme
Long Time Contributor

Postby justme » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:32 am

I'll probably be in one before I finish it. It's going very slowly (I've got about 60,000 words to go before it could be considered a novel). I envy these women that just knock out a book or two every year and its great reading. I think I'm on the right track, but you never know. The creative process seems to come and go. I have to figure out my ending and how to get there without revealing too much too early. Good luck with your mystery. I also love to write but I was always better at research papers - in fact I was damn good at research papers. Novels another breed entirely - lots of conversation and interaction among the characters. That is a lot harder to write. Good luck with yours!!
Anne

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:04 pm

I've been meaning to start a book for a long time. You ladies have given me some incentive. I'm not good at exercise though. I just started walking again. I try not to look in the mirror either. Too many wrinkles. If it weren't for my continuous problems since c diff, I might consider some plastic surgery as I live in the capitol for that - all the Beverly Hills plastic surgeons around. But, can't risk infection, anesthesia, etc.

Well, now at least one choice for what to do is off the table - having FMT at UCLA with OpenBiome. After the news of the patients infected and who died after GI procedures with scopes - I DON'T THINK SO!

justme
Long Time Contributor

Postby justme » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:10 pm

Hi Beth: I also considered plastic surgery to get the bags under my eyes removed, but after I had the cardiac arrest I lost any interest in optional surgery. Now, after C. Diff, I'm wary of any surgical procedures unless required to save my life (even the prospect of a colonoscopy gives me the creeps). An FMT for me is off the table as I'd have to travel to the mainland for 5 hrs., stay in a hotel, and travel back 5 hrs. - so no thanks. The best option is to avoid antibiotics any way I can.

Start the book, Beth, and just keep going. You might find you have a real knack for it.

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”