I just want Thai food

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
mjmcgetr
Regular Contributor

I just want Thai food

Postby mjmcgetr » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:19 am

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHH need to vent . It may be post pregnancy hormones or just a little PTSD but I had a huge break down the other day ! My husband suggested thai food ( my favorite) for dinner. He then apologized immediately knowing I couldn't eat it. But it just made me think of everything I have lost to this monster. The first three months of my beautiful daughters life, my sanity, my savings, my health, my relationship with my husband and last but not least my thai food. It just makes me want to scream sometimes that something like this can steal your whole life and to think three months ago I didn't even know this existed. I cried like a baby for thirty minutes. My poor husband just held me and told me it was going to be ok on day. And that is the hope we hold together. Thanks for knowing how I feel :)

teresajo103
Regular Contributor

Re: I just want Thai food

Postby teresajo103 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:51 am

I know how you feel. Thing is, I am going thru that very same issue and I want pizza. I have always been a pizza person. I love taco pizza from pizza hut but it has been 6 months now. I can't say how much this crap has effected my family.....especially my poor husband and my 3 year old granddaughter. We keep holding on to the idea that all this will get better. I believe it will but it is very hard to be optimistic when your whole life I a mess. I try everyday to get my life back....but the most I am able to accomplish at one time is doing the dishes and making the bed and then it is time to sit down and rest. I sure hope you are better soon. That baby is reason enough to fight to get well. Hoping today is a better day.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:32 pm

I haven't eaten normally since January 2009 - no fruit, hardly any vegetables, no dairy. Don't even mention pizza or great deserts. I've had it. I sure hope that new treatment comes out soon. Meanwhile I am checking into FMT. Saw a doctor yesterday. Maybe I can win this battle one of these days.... I know exactly how you guys feel.

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:51 pm

Then make your own Thai food!
Use ingredients that you know your ok with.
Add fish sauce and a dash of sesame oil, soy sauce, but miss out chilli spice.
Same goes for pizza.

Tonja13
Regular Contributor

Postby Tonja13 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:06 pm

I want a burger. I ate a lot of red meat before getting c diff. I love it. Steaks...burgers...The first time I tried to eat beef post-c diff (two months later) it went straight through me. Since, I have only eaten small amounts here and there...I've been trying to add it in gradually. I managed a small kids meal burger a few weeks ago and it went okay--and it's been a year since this all started. My husband still tries occassionally to suggest big juicy double-cheeseburgers...sigh. I know how you feel. Every time I order something, I have to decide if I'm ready to test those waters...I believe I will be back to normal soon however, I'm back to eating most things again already, including pizza and ice cream, with no trouble at all.

You are fortunate that your husband is supportive of you like that. It's been a very lonely and tough year for me. My husband was not understanding at all. He acted mad at me most of the time, like I was making it up or doing it on purpose or something. A lot of men tend to think crying is a sign of weakness, mine thinks it's a sign of some kind of mental disorder. So every time I cried this year (which was plenty, let me tell you) he'd basically chew me out for being some kind of mental patient and psychologically damaging our infant son. He never hugged me, much less sat and held me. Not once. (Enough of that...)

You actually sound to me like you are doing very well with your recovery. Keep it up! Just be patient, the timing is different for everyone, but soon you will be feeling totally different and eating a lot more of the foods you enjoy...

Bobbie
Administrator

Re: I just want Thai foodie

Postby Bobbie » Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:21 am

Tonya,
Sorry your husband is not supportive - makes everything worse. I wonder if he was the sick one??? C diff is a tough disease in so many ways.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:25 am

Tonya,
Sorry your husband is not supportive - makes everything worse. I wonder if he was the sick one??? C diff is a tough disease in so many ways. Since we have something many have never heard about and often don't look sick, we don't get much sympathy - except from others who have/had c diff. It is an icky disease - in so many ways.

saraht
Long Time Contributor

Postby saraht » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:32 pm

So sorry to hear you're going through this. You're not alone. I had cdiff throughout almost my entire pregnancy, and a months after I had my daughter. It was horrible. I would cry all the time, feel like I was missing out on so much of her growing up. She's now almost 3, and the one thing I've learned from this disease, as well as others, is try to enjoy the good days, and don't beat yourself up for the bad days. We all have them, and having children with this disease is hard. I've been in remission for over a year now, and due to other health concerns including the problems I have been left with from c.diff I eat 100% differently from what I use to. Not saying I don't like to indulge now and then, I think we are allowed that much, but I've never felt happier knowing I'm trying. I hope one day you get to have thia food, and you think back to when you could'nt, and its just a memory of a hard time that you got through!

-Sarah

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”