Problems with the Laboratory

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
Justanotherday1
Regular User

Problems with the Laboratory

Postby Justanotherday1 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:08 am

I tested negative but had started treatment with flagyl. Then my symptoms got worst and d non stop, even water gives me D. I've lost Weight and can't eat much with out having to rush to the restroom. I've also had othet health complicating because of this. I feel flagyl mad me even more sick. But what's mad me even more mad is the my primary doctor and my GI think no further testing is needed because I tested neg. I've had to demand a repeat test. Eparently the labruatory is calling the shots, because three of my stool samples have been tossed, not checked. I gyres they won't retest before the 14 day period. And soft stools are not tested. I had to do much investigating after my doctors office had no answer to why my test results weren't in. Now I'm sitting here desperate to retest, almost a month after my first test and in bad shap health wise. The lab refused a perfectly good sample because it was one day to soon for there cut off day.. Am I can think is it's prolonging my treatment. I also feel the hospital will have a hard time treating me because it doesn't seem they know what there doing. Thanksgiving and couldn't eat anything, skinny and lost weight. What's next for me?!? So depressed. Sad time for me.

getwellsoon
Long Time Contributor

Re: Problems with the Laboratory

Postby getwellsoon » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:05 am

I would talk with the Dr. He can insist the lab test your stool, not only for CDiff but for other pathogens. If he refuses to do this its time to get another Dr. If you are having a lot of D and other symptoms any competent dr. would test you. As a last resort go to the ER and they will test. I hope you do better and let us know what happens.
CAROL

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:26 pm

If you told your Dr that you never took the meds they prescribed then its not suprising that they are not cooperating with you.
If you still have watery D then it might be time to go to ER but if your still going between normal, constipated and D and taking one probiotic stops it then you probably don't have a c.diff infection

Justanotherday1
Regular User

Postby Justanotherday1 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:53 pm

I have what looks like a kinda normal stool In the morning followed by D once or twice. And d in the evenings after meals. I just had d and submitted finally another sample. So I'll be waiting for results. Can I keep taking probiotics or should I stop u till results are in?

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:02 pm

Only you know if the probiotic is helping you, if it is then there's no reason not to take it

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”