My Front Load Washer

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
NanciT
Long Time Contributor

My Front Load Washer

Postby NanciT » Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:19 pm

I don't think I have seen anyone mention this on this site but I am heading into my 10 month of treatment and have to wonder about this. I have only had this washer 3 years and after the first year I noticed a smell. I called the manufacturer and got nowhere. I was told to add bleach and leave the door open after each wash. I did that and started noticing a MOLD on the rim of the door......calls back and forth but to no avail. Finally I found many people had filed lawsuits because of the mold. I continued to clean the rim with bleach and run it through the washer. A month ago as I was washing my clothes.........it just hit me.........what if there is a spore in there? I decided just to get rid of both washer and dryer. I have to wonder about this???
All the crazy cleaning I do and keeping my bathroom to myself, could it be in the washer? It was not worth the chance to me. When they took the washer outside, my husband removed the rim and we were shocked at the black mold behind hiding in the back of it, it appeared to be throughout.It may not be related at all.....but after my Vanco taper, I relapsed after 7 weeks. I kept wonder if I somehow was reinfected.
This has been such a terrible ordeal, I am looking in all directions and thought I would just post this.

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”