ENOUGH ALREADY

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
justme
Long Time Contributor

Re: ENOUGH ALREADY

Postby justme » Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:52 pm

Bobbie: I am so computer illiterate, I should take a class (but probably won't). My friend is taking one at the Community College and loves it. I am good at learning programs and had to for my work (accounting and secretarial), but knowing how the computer actually functions doesn't interest me. I don't even have (nor want) an I-Phone, I-Pad, Smart Phone, etc. I rarely even use my cell phone. My husband calls me a Ludite and even entertains his class with stories about my avoidance of these devices. I do love literature, history, science, etc. type of classes, so I'm going to stick to those. Enjoy your writing class.

Beth: I went to the web page for EnteraGam and am going to send the link to my doctor and see what he says. The only side effect I would worry about is increased urination since I drink tons of water to ward off a UTI and take a diuretic for my heart (and constipation doesn't sound good, but that could be avoided with an increase in fiber intake).
Thank you for the information. Anything that could speed the healing process of my colon and help with the IBS might be worth the risk of some side effects (which are only in 2-5% of cases)

Aloha,
Anne

dawn813
Regular Contributor

Postby dawn813 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:18 pm

Hello everyone. I have read this thread and have enjoyed all your humor in the midst of all your pain. Good to see you can keep your sense of humor about all of this. I am needing to vent a bit too. I too am 14 months post meds and fecal enemas and still cannot eat what I want. I am having a particularly bad day today with alot of stomach pain and what seems to be indigestion (burping all morning). Ever since I indulged in 5 small spoons of ice cream last wednesday, my colon has been in an uproar! Yesterday was a bit better but I ate some onions cooked in my food (which seem to cause me loose stools like many other of you) Shooting stomach pains, gas, loose stools, urgency. Its all driving me crazy! Ive had to stop all the probiotics since they were causing me heart problems. Today is day 22 without any. Although I am thankful the heart fluttering has FINALLY stopped! I just want to be normal again! I want to eat a cookie once in awhile. I want to have to go on a diet instead of worrying Im going to lose weight. If I could eat a few things maybe I could gain a pound or two. After stopping the probiotics, I gained 2 pounds, but it is gone again after the "ice cream incident"

So tired of fighting this. Im finally (after waiting for almost 8 weeks to get in) going to the GI on Thursday morning. Maybe he can help me. Thanks for listening to me rant! I hope we can all someday be normal again. Normal? I forgot how it feels :(

justme
Long Time Contributor

Postby justme » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:47 pm

Dawn: Welcome to the b**ch fest we have going. It feels good to get it out of our system (at least psychologically). I'm sure all of us feel the same way - hoping each morning we wake up that the residue from the nightmare that was C. Diff is going to leave us alone and let us enjoy at least this one day. I still have colon pain today (usually worse if BM's are large and many), but no D. I'm just getting used to it and try to distract myself. 2 Tylenol Extra and 1/2 a Xanax helps, but not much.

However, today is a day for celebration. My beautiful granddaughter (age 10) placed 4th overall in the California State Gymnastic Championships yesterday for her division. She got the silver medal in the uneven bars (her best event). She is the light of my life and was the most precious birthday gift ever when she was born on my 60th birthday. I wish I had been there to cheer her on, but my health issues make traveling a risk.
Aloha to all,
Anne

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:21 pm

Congratulations! That is indeed a reason to be proud!

dawn813
Regular Contributor

Postby dawn813 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:47 am

Anne,
I am so happy for you and her. Congratulations and celebrate! Grandchildren are such a blessing from the Lord! They are a wonderful gift. I too have 3 of them and I am beaming proud of each of them :)

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:04 pm

I am going to lock this topic as it is already 3 pages. Please start a new thread. Thanks.

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”